Terraria is one of my favorite 2D Side scroller adventure games, filled with loads of bosses and cool gear! The boss that we are going to focus on today is none other than Terraria’s Queen Bee. Now, the Queen Bee could be pretty difficult to find and defeat, even for some of the most experienced players. This is simply because before you enter into Hard Mode in Terraria, your access to decent weapons is fairly limited. You have to use strategy over firepower. Keep reading below to learn where to find the Queen Bee in Terraria, how to defeat her, and even what kind of cool items she will drop!
Where to Find the Queen Bee in Terraria
Where you find the Queen Bee will all depend on your specific map. Each map is built differently and has different combinations of biomes, each in different locations. To find the Queen Bee in Terraria, you have to have a decent idea of where each biome is in your specific world. To find the Queen Bee, you will have to dig through the jungle biome and search for the Queen Bee’s hive. This will be marked by a honey-soaked orange outer honeycomb surrounding a hollow burnt-orange area.
How to Defeat the Queen Bee in Terraria
Once you locate the Queen Bee’s hive, you must summon her. This can either be done by destroying the Larva within the hive or by using a boss-summoning item. In this case, the item would be the Abeemination. The Queen Bee will spawn shortly after, and your fight will begin.
- Keep your distance, as all of the Queen Bee’s boss attacks will poison you.
- Set up Heart Lanterns. Stars in Bottles, Garden Gnomes, and Sunflowers
- Each of these will either help heal you or reduce the damage that you take!
- Keep potions on hand for when things get sticky!
- Regeneration Potion
- Endurance Potion
- Lifeforce Potion
- Ironskin Potion
- Mana Regeneration Potion
- Swiftness Potion
- Keeping a Flipper Potion on hand will help you win through honey faster
- Water Walking Potions will let you walk over the honey that would usually slow you down
- choose the best armor for your fighting style
- Necro Armor – Ranged Characters
- Jungle Armor – Offensive Mages
- Wizard Set – General Magic Use
- Shadow Armor – Mobile Melee Fighters
- Crimson Armor – Standard Melee
- Obsidian Armor – Summoners
- If you use a bow, choose Molten Fury or Tendon/Demon Bow
- If you use magic, use Ruby or Diamond Staff
- If you use guns, the Musket or Undertaker are the best options
- If you use melee, use Fiery Greatsword or Night’s Edge
- If you use throwing weapons, use Bone Javelins or Bone Throwing Knives
- If you use Summoners, use the Imp Staff or Vampire Frog Staff
Here are some accessories that would be great to aid in fighting the Terraria Queen Bee Boss:
- Blizzard/Cloud/Sandstorm In a Bottle
- Shark Tooth Necklace
- Shield Of Cthulhu
Queen Bee: Boss Drops in Terraria
The Queen Bee drops either the Bee Gun, Beekeeper, or the Bee’s Knees weapons, along with Hive Wand and either the Bee Hat, Shirt, or Pants. You can also get Honey Comb, Nectar, Honeyed Goggles, Beenade, Bee Wax, Bottled Honey, Queen Bee Mask, or a Queen Bee Trophy!
With this information, you should be able to defeat the Terraria Queen Bee boss with ease! If you have any additional questions, don’t hesitate to comment and ask away!