Bethesda and Zenimax Online have offered the first look at the upcoming Thieves Guild DLC for The Elder Scrolls Online. With this expansion, players can expect to join the Thieves Guild and travel to a new area to carry out new missions.
“The Thieves Guild of Abah’s Landing, an organization of pickpockets, burglars, robbers, and thieves, is being hunted by a mercenary guard force known as the Iron Wheel,” the developer explains. “This relentless organization will stop at nothing to see the guild brought to justice for a high-stakes heist that went horribly wrong. As their newest recruit, you’ll sneak along rooftops, steal from the shadows, and recover lost treasures to help to restore the guild’s reputation.”
The DLC for The Elder Scrolls Online will feature a new zone (as mentioned above) called Hew’s Bane, new story quests, a new 12-player trial, new group bosses, criminal activities, and a new passive skill line for members of the Thieves Guild.
A new game update will also be releasing alongside the new DLC. Some of the changes to the game include:
- A 64-bit client for PC and Mac
- Improvements to grouping including incentives and cross-alliance grouping outside of the Grouping Tool
- Tons of combat and gameplay balance changes
- Scrolling combat text (SCT)
- Improvements and updates to Cyrodiil and its campaigns
- Access to content from other alliances in any order you choose upon reaching Veteran Rank 1
- Prioritization of animations during combat
- Improved facial animations for Mac
As of now, there is no release date for the Thieves Guild DLC. However, check out the trailer below to get a glimpse of what is coming.
The Elder Scrolls Online is available on the Xbox One, Playstation 4, and PC with no subscription fee.
I am an aspiring journalist with dreams to make it to the conventions and play with the big boys of the game industry. When I’m not writing about games, I’m playing and enjoying them. Some say that I have an obsession, but I don’t. I have a really expensive hobby.