Update 2.20 has arrived for The Elder Scrolls Online, and here’s the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch. It’s important to note that these changes only affect the console version of the game. If you’re playing on PS4, the patch number is 2.20. If you’re playing The Elder Scrolls Online on PS5, it’s patch 1.02. The game was under maintenance for a couple of hours today – but servers are back online, according to the Bethesda Support Twitter handle.
With the patch notes taken directly from the game’s forums, here’s everything new with The Elder Scrolls Online update 2.20.
The Elder Scrolls Online Update 2.20 Patch Notes
Craft & Economy
- Survey Report biomes for Blackwood are now clustered closer together, based on your feedback.
- Fixed an issue where Western Skyrim survey reports of the same type would consume two instead of one.
Alliance War & PVP
- Fixed an issue where previously deleted characters that were restored by Support could not become Emperor in campaigns.
Art & Animation
- Fixed an issue where Novice Gear wasn’t appearing on a new character during character creation.
- Restored missing audio on PlayStation 5 during the startup animations with the Bethesda and ZeniMax Online Studios logos, as well as the audio for the opening cinematic.
Crown Store & Crown Crates
- Updated the text on the Resplendent Sweetroll furnishing to reflect that the version acquired with Seals of Endeavor cannot be converted to Crown Gems.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash if a monster died after one of its attackers left the area it perished.
- Fixed some cases where blocking other players didn’t prevent them from messaging you.
- Fixed a crash that could occur on PlayStation 5 when manually exiting out of the introductory cinematic.
- Fixed a crash that could occur on PlayStation 5 when using the Bone Dragon Summons Focus Memento.
- Fixed a crash that could occur on PlayStation 4 when someone is promoted to group leader in the PSN system dialogue.
- Fixed an issue where you could send mail to deleted characters.
- You will no longer automatically start transmitting in Area channels unless you choose to, and the enable/disable microphone button will now accurately represent its setting.
- Fixed an issue where you could hear players from other alliances while in Area chat in Cyrodiil.
- Fixed a UI error that would occur after talking to the Smuggler Assistant.
- Fixed a UI error that would occur when opening the deposit tab of a storage chest.
- Fixed a UI error when navigating to the Outfit Styles collections book after leaving the costume tab on an Outfit Station.
- Fixed an issue where some weapon or armor styles were not translated correctly in the French game client.
Overall, Zenimax’s first aim was to fix issues regarding voice chat. There were instances where players would start automatically transmitting in Area channels, which have now been fixed. Other eye-catching changes include some crash fixes, UI adjustments, etc. According to The Elder Scrolls Online patch notes, the download size is around 450MB. Update 2.20 shouldn’t be considered as anything more than a bug-fixing patch for the console version of the game.
The Elder Scrolls Online is available now on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and Stadia. For more information regarding The Elder Scrolls Online patch notes, visit the game’s official forums.