The 1.40 update has arrived for The King of Fighters XV, and here’s the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch. The title was released in February 2022 and received positive feedback from the players. Today, the new update comes and brings players minor changes. You heard it right; the patch focuses mostly on bug fixes and does not bring major features. So, here’s everything new with The King of Fighters XV 1.40 update.
The King of Fighters XV 1.40 Update Patch Notes
The developer studio behind the game SNK has released The King of Fighters XV 1.40 update patch notes. Here are the changes:
- Added the Customize BGM function to the Room Menu in Room Match.
- Player 1 Settings: BGM set through Player 1’s settings will be played during fights.
- Your Settings: BGM set through your settings will be played during fights normally.
- Changed some of the assigned keyboard keys when playing in Spanish and Mexican Spanish on the keyboard.
- Can now select Member Select on the results screen in Room Match.
- Changed settings for Chat, Notifications, and Customize BGMin the Room Menu can now be saved.
- Added the Pass function in Room Match (Excluding PARTY VS). Can now move a player in the fighter’s seat to the end of the waiting line.
Room Match Spectating
- Added the function “Return to Room” in the Room Menu while spectating. Can now stop spectating without having to leave the room.
Ranked Match Search
- Now easier to find players of a similar rank to oneself when searching”Any” for Player Strength.
Casual Match Search
- Now shows the matched opponent’s name in the Fight Request Confirmation window.
Low Res Background Mode
- Added Low Res Background Mode settings in the GRAPHICS tab inside Options. Reduces burden by suppressing rendering loads on specific stages.
- Applicable Stage: Concert Hall.
- Resolved minor issues concerning the UI.
- Resolved minor issues concerning character display and effects.
The King of Fighters XV 1.40 Update: LEONA
X-Calibur (HP Ver.)
- Resolved an issue where this attack behaved like a projectile.
Slash Saber (MAX Ver.)
- Increased movement speed during attack startup.
- Expanded attack hitbox forward.
Reverse Anchor Kick
- Resolved an issue where this couldn’t be canceled by Super Special Moves and above.
Reverse Anchor Kick (Cancel)
- Resolved an issue where this attack could be canceled by a Shatter Strike on the first hit.