The nominations for the 72nd Emmy Awards, featuring the best in television, are upon us! And this year, the smash hit The Mandalorian, based in the Star Wars galaxy, has raked up an impressive 15 nominations! This series is created by Jon Favreau with partnerships with Lucasfilm and Disney+. Below is the list of its nominations.
- Outstanding Drama Series: The Mandalorian
- Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance: Taika Waititi as IG-11 in Chapter 8: Redemption
- Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series: Giancarlo Esposito as Moff Gideon in Chapter 8: Redemption
- Outstanding Production Design for a Narrative Program (Half-Hour): Chapter 1: The Mandalorian for Andrew L. Jones, Production Designer; Jeff Wisniewski, Art Director; and Amanda Serino, Set Decorator
- Outstanding Cinematography for a Single-Camera Series (Half-Hour): Chapter 7: The Reckoning for Greig Fraser, ASC, ACS, Director of Photography; and Baz Idoine, Director of Photography
- Outstanding Fantasy / Sci-Fi Costumes: Chapter 3: The Sin for Joseph Porro, Costume Designer; Julie Robar, Costume Supervisor; Gigi Melton, Assistant Costume Designer; and Lauren Silvestri, Assistant Costume Designer
- Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing For A Drama Series: Chapter 2: The Child for Andrew S. Eisen, Editor; The Mandalorian, “Chapter 4: Sanctuary,” for Dana E. Glauberman, ACE, Editor; and Dylan Firshein, Additional Editor; and The Mandalorian, “Chapter 8: Redemption,” for Jeff Seibenick, Editor
- Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup For A Series, Limited Series, Movie Or Special: Chapter 6: The Prisoner for Brian Sipe, Department Head Makeup Artist; Alexei Dmitriew, Key Makeup Artist; Carlton Coleman, Makeup Artist; Samantha Ward, Makeup Artist; Scott Stoddard, Makeup Artist; Mike Ornelaz, Makeup Artist; and Sabrina Castro, Makeup Artist
- Outstanding Music Composition For A Series (Original Dramatic Score): Chapter 8: Redemption for Ludwig Göransson, Composer
- Outstanding Sound Editing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (Half-Hour) And Animation: Chapter 1: The Mandalorian for David Acord, Co-Supervising Sound Editor/Sound Designer; Matthew Wood, Co-Supervising Sound Editor; Bonnie Wild, Sound Effects Editor; James Spencer, Dialogue Editor; Richard Quinn, ADR Editor; Richard Gould, Foley Editor; Stephanie McNally, Music Editor; Ryan Rubin, Music Editor; Ronni Brown, Foley Artist; and Jana Vance, Foley Artist
- Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (Half-Hour) And Animation: Chapter 2: The Child for Shawn Holden, Production Mixer; Bonnie Wild, Re-Recording Mixer; and Chris Fogel, Scoring Mixer
- Outstanding Special Visual Effects: Chapter 2: The Child for Richard Bluff, VFX Supervisor; Jason Porter, VFX Supervisor; Abbigail Keller, VFX Producer; Hayden Jones, VFX Supervisor; Hal Hickel, Animation Supervisor; Roy Cancino, Special Effects Supervisor; John Rosengrant, Supervisor; Enrico Damm, Environment Supervisor; and Landis Fields, Virtual Production Visualization Supervisor
- Outstanding Stunt Coordination For A Drama Series Limited Series Or Movie: The Mandalorian for Ryan Watson, Stunt Coordinator
The Emmy Awards will announce their winners on September 20th, 2020.