Welcome back to The Nerd Stash Show. We’re celebrating our one-year anniversary this week by holding our first annual video game developer draft. You can find a synopsis, timestamps, and the episode itself down below:
“Hello, and welcome to a brand new episode of The Nerd Stash Show! It’s our biggest episode yet as we celebrate our anniversary! On October 11, 2019 (how times were simpler back then…) Brandon and Taylor decided to record the first episode of the newly rebooted show, LIVE! While we dropped the live format, we kept trucking on, bringing on a few others along the way, overcoming personal life zaniness, and bringing you a brand new episode of The Nerd Stash Show every week. We’re so happy to be doing this, and it’s because of you we’ve seen any amount of success over the past 12 months. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you.
To celebrate, we decided to throw a developer draft party! We looked at a bunch of developers — whether they’re first-party, third-party, or indie — and tried to create our best lineup if we had the chance to buy them. Who went number one? Did anybody steal a pick? Who found the darkhorse of the draft? What does the final list shake out to look like? Why not take a listen?”
- Intro/Thank You – 0:30
- Rules of the Game Developer Draft – 5:16
- Santa Monica Studio, Sony (Taylor) – 8:35
- Insomniac Games, Sony (Brandon) – 12:25
- Nintendo EPD, Nintendo (Johnny) – 15:10
- Respawn, EA (Taylor) – 19:00
- Guerilla Games, Sony (Brandon) – 22:10
- Naughty Dog, Sony (Johnny) – 25:50
- Kojima Productions, Indie (Taylor) – 30:05
- Creative Business Unit 1, Square Enix (Brandon) – 33:30
- Extremely OK Games, Indie (Johnny) – 36:10
- CD Projekt Red, CD Projekt S.A. (Taylor) – 40:50
- Double Fine, Microsoft (Brandon) – 43:20
- Rocksteady, WB Interactive (Johnny) – 45:15
- Rockstar Games, Take-Two (Taylor) – 49:20
- Bungie, Bungie (Brandon) – 51:35
- Sucker Punch Productions, Sony (Johnny) – 53:50
- The Behemoth, Indie (Taylor) – 56:37
- Young Horse, Indie (Brandon) – 58:20
- Cloud Chamber, 2K (Johnny) – 1:01:10
- The Initiative, Microsoft (Taylor) – 1:04:30
- Vicarious Visions, Activision (Brandon) – 1:06:20
- NetherRealm, WB Interactive (Johnny) – 1:07:55
- Popcap, EA (Taylor) – 1:09:55
- Consumer Development Division 1, Capcom (Brandon) – 1:11:50
- Yacht Club Games, Indie (Johnny) – 1:14:00
- Obsidian Entertainment, Microsoft (Taylor) – 1:17:00
- Inti Creates, Indie (Brandon) – 1:19:55
- Retro Studios, Nintendo (Johnny) – 1:21:20
- 343 Industries, Microsoft (Taylor) – 1:23:30
- Japan Studio, Sony (Brandon) – 1:25:20
- Rare, Microsoft (Johnny) – 1:28:00
Other Content From The Nerd Stash Show
We hope you enjoyed our game developer draft. If you liked anything you heard and want to see more, feel free to join our Discord server and to follow us on Twitter @NerdStashShow. We can’t wait to hear from you!
For more of The Nerd Stash Show, check out one of our latest episodes where we went down a rabbit hole and discussed what 5 games we would want access to on a deserted island. Also, be sure to check out our movie/TV-centric podcast called Nerds Talk Movies. In one of our most recent episodes, we had a Spoiler Talk on The Boys Season 2.
You can expect new episodes of The Nerd Stash Show every Friday and new episodes of Nerds Talk Movies each Monday.
Who drafted the best team? Let us know in the comments below!