Total War: Warhammer 3 has today launched its 1.0.2 update on all platforms, so here’s the full list of changes and fixes with this patch. As this is just the second update since the game’s launch, there are only a few fixes and changes to talk about here. Given how soon all of this is coming after launch though, I’m fairly sure no one is complaining. Today you can expect some general improvements to the game’s multiplayer component along with general game improvements and namely an improvement to install times. Without further adieu though, here’s everything new with Total War: Warhammer 3 in its 1.0.2 update!
Total War: Warhammer 3 Update 1.0.2 Patch Notes
- Improved our build-authoring process, which will reduce the excessive install times required for relatively small patches. We expect to further reduce these install times with the next game update.
- Fixed a problem where the vertical sync (VSync) setting was being forced on for some players—artificially limiting the framerate regardless of system specs.
- Resolved game stuttering issues when playing the game in Windows 11 with Intel Alder Lake (12th-generation) processors.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to hang on first boot in certain languages.
- The game will now display an error if installed to a folder path that uses non-English characters. Doing so will cause the game to be unresponsive. To alleviate this, we recommend changing the installation location to a folder or folder path that doesn’t include non-English characters.
- Fixed an issue that caused battles in multiplayer campaign to desync.
- General multiplayer services improvements.
As you can see, these are mostly just general fixes and don’t offer any major game updates. Having all of these things fixed though is huge, especially the service issues being fixed for multiplayer, since no one likes losing connection mid-match. Overall, quite solid.