The turn-based strategy game Total War: Warhammer III is getting a major update today, according to patch notes published for update 1.1.0. It is a huge update filled with numerous crash fixes, performance optimizations, a major overhaul of the Realm of Chaos mechanics, issues with the Prologue, adjustments to the Daemons of Chaos Gifts, and a whole lot more. The update excitingly brings back two Dominion battlefields: Arnheim and Battle of Itza.
Check out the new trailer for update 1.1.0 coming Total War: Warhammer III below, as well as the patch notes.
Total War: Warhammer III – Update 1.1.0 Patch Notes
STABILITY & PERFORMANCE
- Fixed a crash when the game window lost focus, such as when ALT+Tabbing to another window.
- Fixed a crash triggered after losing a Caravan, saving the next turn, and then re-loading the file.
- Fixed a crash triggered when selecting a Hero within an Army while moving that Army to merge with another.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when, in a multiplayer campaign set to allow simultaneous turns, a player exited the match during another team’s turn.
- Fixed a crash triggered when a player-queued movement command initiated a siege battle after ending the turn.
- Fixed a crash when attacking a sieging army.
- Fixed a severe performance hit when viewing steam visual effects during a custom battle.
- Fixed visual stuttering when vassalizing the Legion of Chaos as Slaanesh.
- Implemented several optimizations to distance and overdraw in the game.
- Fixed an issue where vegetation would appear dark when adjusting the game’s graphics settings.
- Fixed an issue which would result in white flickering lines appearing around mountain models on the campaign map.
- Fixed a visual issue when selecting Kislev War Sleds.
- Tzeentch Realm: Fixed a stretched texture that appears on the background geometry during the ambush battle.
- Tzeentch Realm: Added a missing skybox to the pre-battle loading screen.
- Updated the unit audio of Leadbelchers and Ironblasters for a bigger PUNCH!
- Fixed an issue which prevented accents from displaying properly in the lobby news feed.
- Added a missing icon for an effect in the Wood Elf building tree.
- Added the correct category icon for the Herald of Slaanesh (Shadow)
We’ve changed how “Corrupted” traits are removed in Total War: WARHAMMER III:
- Corrupted traits are now removed as the corrupted character spends time in a province with lower levels of that particular type of corruption. (This is indifferent to any other types of corruption in that province.)
Other changes to the gameplay mechanics:
- Fixed an issue where the Everlasting Gift [technology] would remove some of the effects of the Gift of Slaanesh [upgrade] rather than applying the correct bonuses.
- The Supply Lines values will now update properly when disbanding Lords.
- Fixed an issue where units docked in dockable areas would not adjust their firing arc so they could continue firing at enemy units.
- Fixed an issue where handing off control of a second Army joining a battle to the AI would prevent them from joining and prevent the battle from concluding.
- Fixed an issue where Heroes would no longer gain skill points after progressing past Rank 40.
- Fixed an issue where the Fire Mouth settlement would provide the option to construct major settlement buildings rather than minor settlement buildings.
- Fixed a bug where units stationed at an Ogre Camp located in hostile territory could not replenish their Army.
- Removed several obstructions to the line-of-sight around tower construction points on the Grissenwald Empire
- Implemented fixes for several deployment and vanguard deployment zones in several maps.
- Fixed an issue where losing a Caravan would result in an inactive “Recruit Caravan” button for the following turn.
- Fixed an issue with Auto Resolve where attacking an enemy Army in a settlement resulted in better outcomes than when an enemy Army attacked the player.
- Fixed issues in which Hero buffs and recruitment rank buildings would fail to apply their bonuses properly.
- Fixed an issue where infinite Winds of Magic could be generated due to a rounding error with reserves and recharge rates.
- Fixed issues with Be’lakor’s skill tree which resulted in certain skills unlocking the incorrect abilities.
- Fixed an issue where the Battle Speed would switch to “Slow Motion” without any input during replays.
We’ve implemented numerous fixes to issues encountered in the game’s Prologue.
- Fixed an issue where the Prologue could get stuck after the Battle for Fort Devingard.
- Players should no longer be unable to progress when ending a turn immediately after losing Yuri.
- Yuri will no longer hop in place following the scream chasm trigger.
- Players should no longer have their progression blocked by accidentally deselecting the settlement before completing the Lord recruitment guide.
- Players should no longer have their progression blocked by selecting a settlement during the Daemon Encounter guide.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the player from progressing after capturing the Claw Reach.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the player from progressing upon completing their battle with The Wolf.
- Fixed a crash when trying to skip the camera flythrough at the start of the campaign.
- Added a link to the “Shields” tooltip that appears during the first battle with Tzeentch.
THE REALM OF CHAOS
- Reduced the effect of negative traits inflicted upon entering the Realms of Chaos by ~50%.
- Daemon Legendary Lords will no longer be afflicted by the negative traits within the realm of their respective Chaos God.
- Negative traits inflicted by the Realm of Chaos will now be removed when a Legendary Lord completes the survival battle within that realm.
- Upon intercepting an AI faction at the Forge of Souls, the Legendary Lord will now lose all of their souls rather than being wounded for 15 turns. This will force them to collect the souls over again.
- The “Protection” chain of buildings can now be constructed to prevent rifts from spawning in the province in which they’re built.