A developer, Frozenbyte, has announced that Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power will be coming to the PlayStation 4. Exact release date and pricing details for the title will be announced later. However, the game is expected to release by the end of 2015. The PlayStation 4 version is the latest version of the game, and it includes the recently-released “The Quest for Cake” level. The game features local co-op and runs at Full HD 1080p 60 fps, and has support for Stereoscopic 3D. Check out the video below:
“We’re happy to confirm the PS4 version of Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power. It’s been a rollercoaster of a year but closing it with the PS4 release gives me great satisfaction,” said Frozenbyte CEO Lauri Hyvärinen.
Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power is a 3D platforming game set in a beautiful fantasy world of vivid colors. It is a mixture of puzzles, adventure, and action. You play as three distinct characters, a Wizard specializing in conjuring boxes and levitation, a Knight with powerful fighting abilities, and a Thief, who fights from a distance with her bow and overcomes obstacles with her grappling hook. Each character will help you in different ways to solve puzzles and confront other obstacles.
The story begins with the heroes growing tired of their duties. They attempt to return their extraordinary gifts to the artifact, called Trine. So, they meddle with powers beyond their understanding. Then, Trine shatters and a heartless ancient sorcerer escapes. With only a broken artifact to guide them; the heroes will try and repair the damage that they have caused.
Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power includes the following features:
- A beautiful 3D fantasy world with 7 story-driven Chapters and 11 puzzle-solving, skill-focused Lost Pages
- Three playable characters, Pontius the Knight, Zoya the Thief and Amadeus the Wizard, each with their own skills and unique abilities
- Share a couch! Local co-op multiplayer support for up to three players
- Full HD 1080p with 60 FPS
- Support for Stereoscopic 3D (720p)
- Mesmerizing soundtrack by award-winning composer Ari Pulkkinen
- Full Language Support for English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, and Brazilian-Portuguese, and subtitle support for Italian, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Simplified Chinese and Finnish.
For more info check out the game’s official site found here. For other great articles and more news be sure to check out the rest of The Nerd Stash.
Brian Cowan loves playing video games, football, Magic, and pretty much anything else that he can use as an excuse to waste time. When he is not doing the above or working, he is usually writing or reading.