Headlining the V Rising 0.5.41448 update is the introduction of offline play. By activating LAN Mode, players can jump in solo or side with friends on a local network. V Rising 0.5.41448 adds server-wide messaging, advising of imminent server restarts or other important messages.
V Rising 0.5.41448 also fixes the “Authentication Error,” preventing certain players from jumping back onto specific servers. Cloak harvesting is no longer possible, thanks to a few choice tweaks, and soul shards can no longer be placed in containers.
Finally, the V Rising 0.5.41448 addresses other minor issues. You can check this out in detail in the complete V Rising 0.5.41448 patch notes below.
V Rising 0.5.41448 Update Patch Notes
We have now enabled LAN Mode, allowing players to play V Rising without an internet connection. Players can activate this mode within the host game screen and when starting up the server. LAN Mode can be played solo or with friends on the same local network. Please keep in mind that we will work on improving the LAN Mode as we continue to develop V Rising during Early Access.
We also added the feature to send server-wide messages. On GPortal servers, a message will show up in the chat when a server restarts as part of its maintenance routine, warning players to get to safety before the server shuts down. The expected downtime for server restarts can last up to a minute. Other server hosts can use this new feature to send important messages to players on a particular server.
This patch also includes several fixes to the “Authentication Error” that hindered players from getting back onto specific servers.
Salvaging cloaks no longer return the total crafting cost, and players can no longer make a material profit by crafting and salvaging certain cloaks in combination with the tailoring floor bonus. Previously, if a player placed a soul shard in a container, it would despawn after a few hours and reset, leading to confusion. Players may no longer place soul shards in containers. Instead, the game clarifies that players need to build the soul shards within their castle to keep them. Also, players can no longer hide soul shards in lockboxes before being raided.
This patch also fixes the following issues:
- Players can no longer send the same servant on multiple hunts by placing several thrones.
- Castle floors will no longer disconnect from the Castle Heart when two players dismantle connecting floors simultaneously.
- Players will no longer get multiple equipment buffs by equipping two weapons simultaneously under certain circumstances.
- Some characters in Simplified Chinese, Korean, and Japanese used to display incorrectly at times. We updated the font used in the game to prevent this from happening.
Steam Cloud Server History
Steam Cloud can now store V Rising Server History. The automatic save is enabled by default. To disable it, please go to the Steam Properties for V Rising. This will solve an issue with “missing character” that could occur when joining a server from a different PC.
Server icons have been added next to the name on official servers to make it easier to identify them.
V Rising 0.5.41448 Update – Admin Commands
To improve management of privately hosted servers, we have added new admin console commands:
- changehealthofclosesttomouse – This command modifies the health of the target unit/object closest to the admin’s cursor, allowing admins to deal damage or heal targets.
- changedurability – This command modifies the durability of equipped items. Note that it cannot be used to repair broken items that are not equipped.
- addtime – This command adds up to 12 in-game hours to leap in time, affecting the current in-game hour and the respawn timers of units and objects. Use this command in quick succession to add more time. Please note that a server can never go back in time.
V Rising 0.5.41448 Update – LAN/Offline mode
To play V Rising without an internet connection, you need to follow these steps:
Before you disconnect from the internet, you need to:
- Start Steam
- Go Offline on Steam (Steam -> Go Offline…)
- After this, you can disconnect from the internet.
Start V Rising
- If you are hosting a local server, you need to start the server in LAN Mode by using the checkbox in the UI or starting the dedicated server with the “-lan” parameter.
- If you are connecting to a LAN server, you need to check the “LAN Server” check box in the Direct Connect to Server window or by using the “ConnectLan” console command.