As Iron Gate explains, Valheim 0.208.1 is about making the gameplay experience a tad smoother for players. Topping the list of improvements is a fix that should see trolls stagger as intended when met with a hefty strike, making these formidable foes a little easier to down. Valheim 0.208.1 also changes how inventory behaves when picking up your tombstone. Recovered items should now stack with matching ones already in your inventory.
Valheim 0.208.1 also includes minor tweaks, such as smelters now using the right amount of coal and a few improvements for gamepad users. Check out the complete Valheim 0.208.1 update patch notes below for all the details.
Valheim 0.208.1 Update Patch Notes
- Fixed a bug where trolls would not get staggered correctly sometimes
- Map key legend fixes and remove map icon gamepad mapping set to LB
- Various small fixes to Frost Cave rooms
- Fixed a bug related to pausing after being in debug mode and changing server
- The upgrade function will now remember the selected object when upgrading
- Fixed a bug where the split stack number sometimes would not be visible on high resolutions
- Fixed a bug where sometimes smelters would not always use the correct amount of coal
- Fixed some items not being covered in snow
- The hotbar selection marker is now more visible on light backgrounds when using the gamepad
- The ‘resetsharedmap’ console command was added, including various dev command improvements
- Buying items from the trader on the gamepad no longer buys twice, plus some interface tweaks
- Keyboard & gamepad hints for the inventory screen
- Picking up your tombstone will now try to stack items
- Fixed an issue where tombstones sometimes would be unreachable in Swamp trees
Valheim is out now for PC. For more on this latest Valheim update, be sure to check out the official Steam page here.