Developer Iron Gate has rolled out a new patch to iron out lingering teething issues with the recently launched Hearth and Home Update. Valheim Patch 0.203.10 aims to introduce a more balanced experience for players, targeting food stats and melee weapon stamina cost along with some seasonally appropriate spooky-themed additions thrown in for good measure. We have the full Valheim 0.203.10 patch notes here, which you can read further down.
On the food stats front, Valheim Patch 0.203.10 makes cooking-intensive foods more rewarding in terms of stamina/health boosts and the duration of these buffs, notably blood pudding, boar jerky, bread, deer stew, mincemeat sauce, and wolf jerky. Valheim Patch 0.203.10 also eases the stamina drain of several weapons, including the Atgeir, Blackmetal axe, and Bronze spear, while also upping the durability of knives.
Valheim Patch 0.203.10 also allows players to craft a Jack-o-turnip to spruce up their homes. There are also minor changes to drop rates, despawn rates for nighttime enemies, enemy attack cooldowns, and more.
Valheim 0.203.10 Patch Notes
- Oven & cooking station drop food items when destroyed
- Gamepad sensitivity save fix
- Acorn & Birch seed drop rate increased
- Onion seed icon tweak
- Player number difficulty scale tweaks
- Removed comfort from Crystal wall
- Atgeir, Blackmetal axe, Bronze spear tweaks
- Lower melee weapon stamina drain
- Knives have more durability
- Tweaked some food stats based on effort to craft (blood pudding, boar jerky, bread, deer stew, mincemeat sauce, wolf jerky)
- Night-spawning monsters despawn faster in the morning
- Parry ranged attacks staggers caster again (illogical but fun)
- Fuling AI tweaks (Spreads out & circles more)
- Longer Lox attack cooldowns
- Frost damage slowdown fix
- Shield tutorial trigger fix for wood shields
- Wood log 26° & 45° stability fix
- Jack-o-turnip enabled
- Torch + weapon jog animation fix
Valheim is available now for PC. For guides on all the new content introduced with the Hearth and Home Update be sure to check out our various guides, such as how to craft an oven or how to ride a Lox.