Valorant 4.02 update is now live for players to sink their teeth into. You’ll find the complete list of changes and fixes heading to Riot’s 5vs5 character-based shooter right here on this page. It’s a bite-sized hotfix by Valorant standards, so don’t expect any significant agent or weapon rejigs here. Valorant 4.02 focuses on bug-squashing and few choice updates to performance and social. Here’s everything new with Valorant 4.02.
This latest Valorant update improves latency for windowed fullscreen. Alongside, Riot has beefed up AFK detection and clarified how to best use the Agent-select reporting feature to weed out disruptive players. Music to the ears of Killjoy players, this Valorant update also fixes an issue whereby Alarmbot and Turret weren’t retrievable after being brought back to life by Sage.
You can check out the full Valorant 4.02 patch notes just below.
Valorant 4.02 Patch Notes
- Improved latency for Windowed Fullscreen mode to match closer to Fullscreen Exclusive
- These improvements should play well with in-game overlays; however, having another program’s window on top of your gameplay window will negate these benefits.
- Thanks to @MyNameIsMJP and @SheriefFYI for helping us diagnose this issue!
- AFK detection buff
- Updated detections for non-participatory behavior in-game
- Agent-select reporting
- Looks like there’s been some confusion around Agent-select reporting. Remember, you can right-click players in pre-game and report them if they’re being disruptive!
Valorant 4.02 Patch Notes – Bugs
- Fixed a bug where the pulsing FX around the Spectrum Z logo were appearing next to the trigger during second inspect animation on the Bulldog.
- Fixed issue where Killjoy’s Alarmbot and Turret were unretrievable after being resurrected by Sage.
- Projectile Follow currently bugs out for Observer Followers
- We’re working on a fix, but this one missed 4.02. We appreciate your patience!