Valorant update 3.02 has arrived, so here’s everything that’s been changed and added with this patch! As we only just recently saw the hefty update 3.0 hit the game, 3.02 mainly looks to address issues that have cropped up since then. There have been a few quality-of-life fixes though, such as tech preventing various objects from clipping through walls. If you’re expecting something more interesting though, the team says they’re continuing to evaluate KAY/O’s impact on the meta before giving him a round of changes. Be sure to provide feedback if you want to see a particular change to them! Without further adieu though, here’s everything new with Valorant update 3.02!
Valorant Update 3.02 Patch Notes
Game System Updates
- Changes made to how clipping is calculated, which should result in less clipping overall in your gameplay
- Yes, things are still going to clip, but you will see a noticeable lack of hands, melees, abilities, and general effects poking through thin walls.
- Added a space between the Match Rank and Leaderboard Ranking for Immortal+ rankings in the Hover Card UI
- Sage can no longer place her Barrier Orb between the pyramids on Breeze to create a sliver peak
- “Sliver peak” refers to a very small gap created by sandwiching two things and creating an advantageous line of sight.
- Fixed KAY/O’s textures applying themselves to weapons when he is re-stabilized during NULL/cmd(X)
- Removed the ability to place Raze’s Boombot through some walls
- Fixed a bug where the Team-voice volume sliders would always reset to 50
- Hooray! That’s the sound of us thanking you for your patience.
- Fixed a bug where the scrollbar in the Social Panel would sometimes display incorrectly
- Fixed the pixelated border surrounding the Unranked icon in the Hover Card UI
- Fixed an issue where the blurred background would sometimes make friend notes illegible in the Hover Card UI
- Fixed a bug where the VCT Masters Reykjavik Winner Title would get overlapped by the Player Card in the Hover Card UI
Like said, there really isn’t much to be interested in here. That is unless you’re someone who likes abusing glitches to get an advantage. Valorant update 3.02 tackles a sliver peak that Sage players could use on Breeze to get an unfair advantage. You also can’t place Boom Bot through some walls anymore, which was undoubtedly annoying from time to time. While there isn’t anything to run home about, not a terrible update either.
Valorant update 3.02 is available exclusively on PC. For more information regarding this update, check out the official patch notes.