War Thunder has today launched its update for September 22, so here’s the full list of changes and additions with today’s patch. This update primarily focuses on fixing the many bugs plaguing the game at the moment. There are a couple of improvements though. I won’t attempt to explain their ramifications due to my ignorance of War Thunder’s inner workings, but hopefully, they do offer genuine improvements to the game. Without further adieu, here’s everything that’s been added and changed with the September 22 update for War Thunder!
War Thunder September 22 Update Patch Notes
- A bug has been fixed with the missing helicopter speed indicator if the “Indicated air speed” option is set to “IAS”.
- A torpedo reload indicator has been fixed in Naval AB for the vessels with on board reloading torpedo launchers (report).
- A bug has been fixed which in some cases prevented “Damage to naval targets” achievement progress .
- Incorrect ballistic calculator on helicopters has been fixed for the second and subsequent respawns.
- SIDAM 25, SIDAM 25 (Mistral), Gepard, Chieftain Marksman, Type 87, PGZ09 — a bug with the quick reload of the main ammo belt has been fixed.
- HMS Norfolk — a bug with a constantly rotating port (left) torpedo launcher has been fixed.
- A bug has been fixed that prevented item purchase or opening in the inventory while using a cursor with gamepad.
- AIM-7 — a bug has been fixed where the missile was unable to lock on to MiG-23M and MiG-27M aircraft. The missile lock indicator didn’t turn red, the missile self-destructed in midair after the launch.
- MiG-23M — now being spawned at supersonic speeds will mean these aircraft have the wings 100% swept.
- Mi-24V — certain missing textures in the cockpit have been restored.
- Mi-35, Ka-50 — rear-view mirrors in the cockpit have been fixed.
- STB-1 — ammo rack position has been corrected (report).
- BMP-2 — the position of the IR searchlight has been corrected.
- B17G — front turret has been fixed.
- Buccaneer S.1 — animation of the ailerons has been fixed.
- A bug has been fixed with missing snow on vegetable 3D decorations while playing in winter locations.
- A rare client crash after changing account has been fixed.
- The azimuth scale at the top of the screen has been removed for aircraft equipped with a radar.
Ground Vehicle Model, Damage Model, Characteristic and Weaponry Changes
- STB-1 — ammo rack position has been corrected (report).
- BTR-152А — the number of forward and reverse gears has been increased, gear values have been specified. Source: Руководство по материальной части и эксплуатации БТР-152В, 1957 год.
- ARL-44, ARL-44 (ACL-1) — the number of forward and reverse gears has been increased, gear values have been specified. (report).
- Leclerc S1, Leclerc S2 — the gear values have been specified. A bug with a slow pivot neutral gear turns has been fixed (report).
- Abrams (all series) — gear values have been specified. Source: AGT 1500 POWERPACK IMPROVEMENT PROJECT (M1 TMEPS) CONTRACT NUMBER DAAE07-87-C-R006 J. Edwards and R. Brayer General Dynamics Land Systems Div. March 1991 // Propulsion System Performance Simulation (PS**2) Computer Simulation to Evaluate Tank-Automotive Engine and Transmission Performance A User’s Guide September 1988.
- 9M133, 9M133FM-3 — a bug has been fixed where the optronic countermeasures were able to affect the missiles. Control type has been changed to the laser-beam.
- TAM-2C — zoom has been added to the sight; sight magnification has been changed from x12 to separate magnifications x3-x10 (report).
- VFM5 — sight magnification has been specified from x12 to x10 (report).
- T-72B (1989) — a bug has been fixed with missing layers of cast armour in the turret in x-ray mode.
- Leopard 2K — the incorrect display of 20mm gun horizontal and vertical aiming speed in x-ray mode has been fixed.
- MAUS, E100 — a bug with different aiming speeds in the main and auxiliary guns has been fixed.
- IS-7 — a bug has been fixed where it was impossible to repair AA and rear machine guns.
- Strv 103-0, Strv 103A, Strv 103C — duplicate drive controls have been added for the second driver/loader.
- ZPRK 2S6 — a bug has been fixed that prevented the IR lock and track system to lock on target at distances over 8,000 meters.
- 9P157 — a bug with infinite radar field repair has been fixed.
- Vickers Mk.3 — aiming angles at the sides of engine compartment has been specified; a gun will no longer cross the hull elements.
- M1A1HC – aiming angles of the 7.62mm AA MG have been specified; machine gun will no longer cross the ARCM searchlight.
- Roland 1, FlaRakPz 1, FlaRakRad – The name of the radar in X-Ray view has been clarified.
- Gepard – The name of the radar in X-Ray view has been clarified.
- B1 Bis, B1 Ter – Driver now has control of the 75mm cannon.
- HVAP/APCR — The template for the formation of secondary fragments behind the armour has been improved. For medium and large-calibre high-velocity armour-piercing and armour-piercing composite rigid shells, the number of fragments and their destructive power have been increased.
Naval Forces Model, Damage Model, Characteristic and Weaponry Changes
- Falling shell marker – The ability to disable the falling shell marker has been added. You can find it in settings:
- Options > Main parameters > Naval Battle Settings > Highlight targeting point
- Lead marker on weapon control – Indication of the distance correction with the lead maker has been fixed. Now it indicates more accurately whether you should aim closer or farther relative to the enemy ship.
- Realistic aiming in AB has been fixed – When switching in the settings menu to realistic aiming in AB, shooting is now identical to shooting in RB.
- Poltava – Angles for traverse in the aft main calibre turrets have been extended.
Aircraft Model, Damage Model, Characteristic and Weaponry Changes
- MiG-27M – The opening of some presets of the suspended weaponry without researching the relevant modifications has been fixed.
- F-8E – Incorrect display of the icons of suspended weaponry for some presets with the AIM -9C missiles has been fixed.
- Il-10 (all modifications) – Separate bomb drop for bomb weaponry has been added.
- A32A – Incorrect displaying of the icons of suspended weaponry for some presets with the m/50 and m/61 bombs has been fixed.
- Er-2 (ACh-30B) (all modifications) – Incorrect display of the icons of suspended weaponry for some presets with the 250kg and 500kg bombs has been fixed.
- A-4E – Full name of the aircraft has been added to the vehicle card.
- F-5 (all modifications) – Tearing off of the different wing parts where some elements of the aircraft structure and suspended weaponry were left hanging in the air has been fixed.
- Now, when slowing down game speed (in replays, for example) the speed of sounds slows accordingly, i.e. frequency and duration of sounds increases or decreases. Works for a change of speed range 0.25x – 4x.