Today Fatshark has announced that they are releasing a new free map for their award-winning Warhammer fantasy game Vermintide 2. The map is called Blood in the darkness and is the 2nd map from their Drachenfels series. We will now go over everything we know so far regarding Vermintide’s new free map.
What Will Blood in the Darkness Bring?
In this free map, the Ubersreik Five will find themselves on their way to a spooky castle and will face many challenges on the way one being how dark the hostile environment will be.
Also, the new free map will add new cosmetics for players to enjoy at Shopkeeper Lohner’s Emporium of Wonders. Players also don’t need to worry about going to the store page to manually download the new free map as it will be automatically added to their game when they next log onto steam.
Bug fixes Algore!
- Old Haunts – Fixed some stuck locations.
- Old Haunts – Fixed some respawn issues.
- Weaves – Fixed crashes for clients when joining a session.
- It’s no longer possible to switch map while a vote is in progress.
- Fixed a crash caused by interacting with chat/friend list buttons while purchasing a store item.
- Fixed crash caused when player gets healed while leaving the game (mainly death mutator in Weaves but was possible outside of that, albeit rare).
Furthermore, Fatshark CEO Seems excited about the new release because he had the following to say “We are happy to bring the second Drachenfels map to all Vermintide 2 players, and we’re dropping it less than a month after the first map, Old Haunts, was released.” And that was all you need to know regarding Blood in the Darkness! Be sure to check out the new map and remember Skaven don’t exist!