Watcher Chronicles, a 2D souls-like title developed by Third Sphere Game Studios will release on Steam on January 19th. The game will release at $20 and will have a 20% discount during the first week. Players can also purchase the game’s soundtrack for $5.
About Watcher Chronicles
The darkest depths of Purgatory have been invaded by an unholy threat. The fallen ones, known as “The Watchers,” want to turn Purgatory into a new Hell. And in doing so, punish all of the wandering souls in search of purification. These lost souls must unite or face utter annihilation. As a result, our brave hero will have to battle his way through this wretched abyss, fighting against hordes of nightmarish enemies to prevent them from carrying out their malicious plan. As you fight through the interconnected world of Purgatory, you will face over 20 unique and merciless bosses.
Watcher Chronicles looks to blend the intense, skill-based combat of the souls-like genre with RPG elements. The game pays tribute to titles like Dark Souls, Berserk, Final Fantasy, Darksiders, and Salt and Sanctuary.
Key gameplay features
- Dodge, block, and slice your way through enemies in challenging souls-like, skill-based combat!
- Explore a large, interconnected realm filled with secrets and game changing loot.
- Take on the entire game in local co-op with a friend! Play online with full native Steam remote play-together support.
- Use powerful magic to incinerate enemies with waves of fire, lightning, and void or summon the horde with necromancy.
- Discover and master unique weapons with different move sets that change up the gameplay.
- Upgrade your hero to match your play style and build out your own unique character class.
- Discover 100+ upgradable armor, weapons, and rings to specialize your build.
- Battle over 20+ finely tuned and challenging bosses that require careful planning and significant skill to take down.
- Keep your gear and continue the journey with increasingly harder difficulties in New Game Plus.
About Third Sphere Game Studios
Third Sphere Game Studios is an indie studio based in Colorado and was founded in 2018 by Stephen Peppers.
You can wishlist Watcher Chronicles now on Steam. Death is a hero’s destiny. Prepare to die… a lot.