Looking for details on Bioware’s upcoming Mass Effect title? Well here’s a small snippet of information to keep you going. Mass Effect: Andromeda will allow players to craft and name their weapons. The news comes from the games lead designer Ian S. Frazier revealed the news on Twitter. Players will be able to craft guns and melee weapons (such as the Krogan-styled hammer) and produce wild and outrageous names for them such as The Booger Slayer Canon. The melee weapons, which are also a new feature for the series, will have their own weapon slot compared to other fire arms.
These are features that Bioware already debuted in their Dragon Age series, so perhaps we can expect more crossovers in the two series mechanics. Mass Effect: Andromeda was announced at E3 in 2015 and then received a cinematic trailer the following year at E3 2016. We then got a look at the game was during last month’s Game Awards. Where we came to learn of a myriad of new features, including:
- The new vehicle used to traverse environments, known as the Nomad,
- The new importance of maneuverability within combat (e.g. the combination of jet packs and teleportation),
- The added emphasis on mechanics from Mass Effect 1, such as deeper customization, exploration and scavenging options,
- Bigger, deeper and lusher worlds to explore, with wildlife to be encountered within environments, and,
- Detective-like mechanics, as you investigate mysteries within the world.
Mass Effect: Andromeda is scheduled to release in spring of 2017 for Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC. It has been 5 years since the last entry in the series was released and many gamers are eagerly awaiting the moment they can get their hands on this new chapter. For everything on Mass Effect: Andromeda and its weapon crafting, stay tuned to The Nerd Stash.
I write articles about video games, produce video’s, write books, host podcasts, and create graphic designs and animations. If you like my work then make sure you follow me on twitter @hashbrownaddict