Do you want to know what the Overwatch 2 new control map is? Overwatch 2 is the highly anticipated sequel to the popular team-based shooter game Overwatch. Also, the new control map is an exciting feature that adds a new layer of strategy to the game. This guide will tell you what the Overwatch 2 new control map is.
What is the Overwatch 2 New Control Map?
The Overwatch 2 New Control Map is called Antarctic, which will be introduced in season 3. Also, season 3 will begin on February 7, 2023. Blizzard has released a short video showing some areas of the map on their official Twitter page. With the release of Season 1, Blizzard has introduced patterns to the new season where the odd-numbered season will add new maps while the even-numbered season will add new heroes. Therefore in season 2, we have seen Ramatra coming to the game.
Overwatch 2 season 3 comes with many new features, including a new control map and many changes for the game monetization. Here is everything we know so far about Overwatch 2 new Control Map.
- Penguins: The first thing you see in this video is the Penguins. Also, they are new creatures that will be exclusive to the new map. Still, we do not know whether they are only decorative items added to the map or have any involvement with the gameplay. However, the Official Twitter Post Says, “Always say hi to Penguins.”
- Ice Cave: The first scene is an Ice Cave showing supplies and some kinds of Beacons. Later seen shows a larger area of the Ice cave with a lot of Ice pillars and platforms
- The Ice Braker Ship: The second was seen as a kind of Massive Ice Breaker ship. It has a big tower at the back with cranes and lifeboats. It looks like this is the map’s main area where the player will be.
What are Overwatch 2 Monetization Updates
- Ice Cave Facility. This is the third Seen shown in the video, and it does not offer many details for any guesses.
- Capture Points. The video shows a metal area with a raised platform above the layout, similar to the elevator at the Oasis Garden map.
- Hydroponic Laboratory: This building may be a laboratory or a facility which might be a hydroponic room or a lab. This may be a facility for the Antarctic research team who experiment in climatology.
- Aurora Australis: this is shown in the sky with Blue and light green colors, which looks very beautiful.
- Outdoor area: This looks like the outside of the Hydroponic laboratory. There is a Snowcat parked at the front door.
Blizzard might releases another trailer for Overwatch 2 new control map before the season 3 launch. We will have to wait and see what Blizzard’s other plans are for this Control Map. Until then, stay tuned and keep playing Overwatch. Happy Gaming!
Also, Overwatch 2 is now available for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch.
Sources: Master Ian Gamer, Game Rant