If your anything like me then your probably hundreds of hours into your adventure and loving every minute, but some unlucky gamers have been experiencing problems with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, stopping progress all together with game save errors and glitches.
Some of the changes will affect the super small writing found throughout the game as well as locking frame rate issues down at 30fps and general smoothness upgrades to cutscenes as well as a number of quest fixes.
No longer will I light torches next to chests, only to then have the camera angle turn and lose myself in some horrible display of camera movement.
Here’s a list of the bug fixes and stability upgrades that should drop over the next week, please note that the list of current changes may be incomplete and more may arrive.
- Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
- General stability and performance improvements.
- Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
- Improved camera smoothness.
- Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
- Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations.
- Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
- Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest.
- Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest.
- Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri’s Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
- Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest.
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest.
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest.
- Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins.
- Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man’s tree during Eye for an Eye quest.
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs.
- Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
- Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest.
- Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach.
- Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King’s Gambit quest.
- Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest.
- Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven’s Treasure quest.
Have you experienced any off these issues? I myself have found the frame rate could dip quite a bit but only after a few hours of heavy use.
Leave your comments below.
A manically depressed – moderately funny 25 year old games enthusiast.
Can often be found walking round Novigrad, or piloting his sparrow across planets moons.