World of Warships’ developers, Wargaming, and Lesta Studio, have released an update which will lead to a server maintenance on Wednesday, March 22, from 3:00 AM PT to 6:00 AM PT. The adjustments mainly consist of several additions and fixes. The Most notable adjustments are “trouble in the hot tub, U.S. hybrid battleships, and early access to British submarines.”
The “battle pass, early access to Pan-American cruisers, changes to the battle economy, and ranked battles are also equally important adjustments, to list but a few. Without much introduction, let’s look at the official patch notes for World of Warships version 12.2 updates.
World of Warships Version 12.2 Updates Patch Notes
Trouble in the Hot Tub
- Battles will be fought in a special hot tub to mark April Fools’ Day!
- Players will choose a rubber ducky and compete for the title of “best hot tub fighter” on an updated map with animated elements and transparent water.
U.S. Hybrid Battleships
- U.S. hybrid battleships are armed with artillery that has a good firing range. However, that is not the highest damage per minute.
- A squadron of bombers that carry HE bombs acts as their aircraft armament. The large number of aircraft in each flight will allow players to damage enemy ships significantly and set them on fire. The squadron is used for reconnaissance.
- The most vulnerable parts of the new ships are their large, lightly armored superstructures that house their aircraft hangars.
Early Access to British Submarines Is Ongoing
- During the week, players can complete combat mission groups and obtain British Tokens, and a bonus package.
- Earn BP Points for completing daily and weekly combat missions.
- Advance through the BP progress bar, and move to new levels.
Early Access to Pan-American Cruisers
- The Port of Rio de Janeiro is updated to mark the event.
- The event dedicated to Early Access to Pan-American cruisers starts a week after the release of Update 12.2.
- II Almirante Barroso will be available in daily random bundles for Doubloons immediately after the update goes live.
- III Vicente Guerrero, IV Córdoba, V La Argentina, VI Almirante Cochrane, VII Coronel Bolognesi, and X San Martín will be available in sequential bundles for Pan-American Tokens.
- VIII Ignacio Allende is the final reward of the Premium BP.
- IX Santander can be obtained via random bundles available for Doubloons.
Changes to the Battle Economy
- The economic reward for transferring intelligence data is increased to match the rewards for dealing damage from the main armament types.
- Today’s update kicks off the Eleventh Season of Ranked Battles. Players will be able to participate playing all ship types. The battles will utilize different formats:
- Bronze and Silver Leagues: 6 vs. 6 playing Tier VIII–IX ships
- Gold League: 6 vs. 6 playing Tier X ships.
- With Update 12.2, IX Illinois will become available in the Armory. The ship is a variant of an Iowa-class battleship. It is reequipped with more powerful AA guns and 203 mm main battery artillery housed in quadruple-gun turrets.
- The update features three Brawls in different formats.
- The first Brawl utilizes 2 vs. 2 formats playing Tier IX ships. Payers can participate in Divisions of up to two players.
- No more than one battleship, two cruisers, and two destroyers per team.
Mark your calendars! High-octane, intense, ferocious, top-notch, and highly competitive rubber ducky gameplay is coming. pic.twitter.com/3ObSzrBO8W
— World of Warships (@WorldofWarships) March 20, 2023
Game Balance Changes
- French Tier VIII cruiser Cherbourg
- The main battery reloads time increased from 28 to 29 s.
- Pan-Asian Tier VIII destroyers Fenyang and Ship Smasha
- Main battery reload time reduced from 4.7 to 4.4 s.
- Italian Tier V destroyer Maestrale
- Maximum SAP shell damage reduction from 2,800 to 2,600.
- Italian Tier VI destroyer Aviere
- The main battery reloads time increases from 6.8 to 7.1 s.
- Italian Tier IX destroyer Adriatico
- The main battery reloads time reduction from 5.7 to 5.4 s.
- Italian Tier V battleship Conte di Cavour
- Main battery reloads time reduction from 30 to 28.5 s.
- Italian Tier II cruiser Nino Bixio
- Maximum SAP shell damage reduced from 2,800 to 2,600.
- Main battery reload time reduced from 12 to 11 s.
- Soviet Tier V cruiser Kotovsky
- Main battery reload time reduced from 9.5 to 9 s.
- Japanese Tier V cruiser Agano
- Fixed an issue with incorrect torpedo damage.
- Torpedo damage was reduced from 20,967 to 17,233.
- Main battery reload time reduced from 9 to 8.5 s.
- British Tier X battleship Incomparable
- Main battery reload time reduced from 29 to 28 s.
- Spanish Tier X destroyer Álvaro de Bazán
- The reload time of a series of salvos was reduced from 28 to 24 s.
- Dutch Tier X destroyer Tromp
- Torpedo speed increased from 64 to 71 knots.
- Maximum torpedo damage increased from 13,700 to 15,000.
- The chances of causing flooding with torpedoes increased from 227% to 249%.
Content Additions and Changes
- Added four Submarine Commander emblems, similar to existing ones for other ship types.
- Updated pop-up windows with currency and resource descriptions.
- Fixed several issues and improved the interface for the Battle Pass window.
- Updated pop-up windows that describe Combat Instructions.
- Improved the interface of introductory missions for newcomers and added new tips.
- Added a Pan-American tech tree to the Tech Tree tab.
- Improved the geometry and textures of the following ships: ★ United States, X Midway, IX Vallejo, IX Hector, ★ Admiral Ushakov, X Louisiana, IX Mogador, VIII Richelieu, X Tromp, III Ning Hai.
- Improved the geometry and textures of the Boitatá permanent camouflage for VI Juruá and Mid-Autumn Festival permanent camouflage for VIII Kaga.
Other Changes and Improvements
- Fixed visual effects in Naval Base Port.
- Updated features of the British submarine branch.
- Improved the game client performance when viewing the ship parameter section and the Equipment window in the Port.
- Fixed errors in the voiceovers for some Commanders.
- Improved display of aircraft propellers.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the ship name from displaying on the Iron Resilience permanent camouflage for VIII Sturdy and Victoria Cross permanent camouflage for X Thrasher.
- Fixed an issue causing players to receive incorrect rewards for Battle Pass levels in some situations.
- Fixed an issue causing some interface elements to display incorrectly in the Port.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game client to crash when exiting a battle or container window.
- Fixed the aircraft position on decks of aircraft carriers VIII Sanzang, VIII Indomitable, and X Hakuryū.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the game client to crash when ending Operation Hermes or attempting to reconnect to it.
- Fixed an issue causing the progress for receiving rewards for a league not to reset when changing a Sprint in Ranked Battles.
- Fixed an issue causing the flag to display incorrectly in the ship specifications section in the Port.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused incorrect music to play when helming submarines.
World of Warships is available for Android, iOS, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC, MacOS, GeForce Now, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. Visit the game’s official website for updates, including World of Warships version 12.2 updates patch notes.