Gray, a member of the Lost Numbers from the City, is a Hero in Xenoblade Chronicles 3, whom players can unlock as an additional ally for combat. Also known as “Ashenpelt Gray,” this Hero is a Full Metal Jaguar, a unique Attacker that dual-wields guns and utilizes drones in battle. He is capable of dealing AoE damage to enemies, and this damage scales from successive hits. In other words, the more Gray attacks hostile targets, the stronger he becomes. To recruit Gray onto one’s team in Xenoblade Chronicles 3, players must first know where to encounter this Lost Numbers member in Aionios.
Unlocking Gray In Xenoblade Chronicles 3
To recruit Gray in Xenoblade Chronicles 3, players must complete his correlating Level 26 Hero Quest, “A Gray Matter.” The protagonists will gain access to this quest once they’ve unlocked Wall Climbing, an ability Valdi teaches the party during Chapter 3 of the main story.
After acquiring the ability to climb walls, head to the top of Murmur Rise in Millick Meadows, a locale within the Aetia Region. Players can reach this location by traveling northeast from the Kamos Guidepost, a Landmark east of Luca’s Eyot and north of the Hillside Ferronis Hulk. Starting from the Kamos Guidepost, go towards the tall cliff walls in the northeast to find a long, dangling cluster of purple vines. Climb to the top of the peak and interact with the glowing point of interest that triggers the Quest-related Event for “A Gray Matter.“
Next, here are the steps for completing “A Gray Matter” and unlocking Gray as a Hero in Xenoblade Chronicles 3:
- Step 1: Defeat Gray, initially referred to as the “Mystery Man,” at the top of Murmur Rise.
- Step 2: Defeat the Colony 23 Patrol.
- Step 3: Begin following the trail of footprints left behind by Gray. Descending Murmur Rise and returning to the gorge below might take some time. Therefore, players are encouraged to leap off the ridge into the valley river below to reach the bottom quickly and negate fall damage.
- Step 4: Follow the footpath southward all the way to the eastern river bank south of the Hillside Ferronis Hulk, slightly west of the Migratory Circe’s lair.
- Step 5: The protagonists’ party must defeat another Colony 23 Patrol, but they will have Gray’s help this time.
- Step 6: Once the battle is over, the mysterious figure will reveal that his name is Gray and join the player’s party.
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is available on Nintendo Switch.