Nothing can ever replace the feeling of turning the pages of a good old comic book. But when it comes to convenience, it’s hard to top Madefire and their Motion Book for reading comics digitally.
Especially now, after the recent announcement that they will be teaming up with Image Comics to bring some of the top selling, award-winning titles to their App. Listed below are just a few examples of the catalogue the publisher will be bringing to Madefire in the deal:
- The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman
- Saga by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples
- Birthright by Joshua Williamson and Andrei Bressan
- Bitch Planet by Kelly Sue DeConnick and Valentine DeLandro
- Spawn by Todd McFarlane
- Chew by Jonathan Layman and Rob Guillory
- Criminal by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips
- Deadly Class by Rick Remender and Wes Craig
- Descender by Jeff Lemire and Dustin Nguyen
- East of West by Jonathan Hickman and Nick Dragotta
- Monstress by Marjorie Liu and Sana Takeda
- Nowhere Man by Eric Stephenson, Nate Bellegarde, Jordie Bellaire, and Fonografik
- Paper Girls by Brian K. Vaughan and Cliff Chiang
- Rat Queens by Kurtis Wiebe and Roc Upchurch
- Savage Dragon by Erik Larsen
- Sex Criminals by Matt Fraction and Chip Zdarsky
- Southern Bastards by Jason Aaron and Jason Latour
- The Wicked + The Divine by Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie
- Witchblade by Marc Silvestri, Brian Haberlin, Michael Turner, and David Wohl
- And Much More.
Not only does Madefire’s unique platform give image comic fans a new place to read their favorites, it broadens an already huge comic library for any fans using the app. Image joins Marvel Comics, DC Comics, IDW, TNT, 20th Century FOX, Archie, BOOM!, Blizzard, Valiant, Dynamite, Titan, and more to help create more graphic novels and motion books for the app.
“We’re thrilled to provide our fans with the opportunity to enjoy a broad range of Image’s graphic novels and collections from our amazing creators across a wide range of digital devices thanks to the Madefire platform,” said Chris Ross, Director of Digital Sales at Image Comics. “Madefire complements our established digital collections and there’s no doubt that readers will relish the opportunity to find their new favorites in this revolutionary format.”
“The addition of Image Comics is an ideal fit for our platform and we feel both companies share similar values when it comes to supporting artists and storytellers. Madefire is committed to supporting indie creators, uniquely allowing self-publishing on the platform and giving aspiring creators the forum to bring their work to the masses. Image Comics are renowned for their creator-owned philosophy, protecting the vision of the talent who bring their stories to life. For this reason alone, we couldn’t be happier to welcome Image Comics to the Madefire family.” said Madefire CEO and Motion Book creator, Ben Wolstenholme. “Madefire was designed as a digital platform for storytelling and Image Comics has published some of the most visually stunning, and memorable stories ever created. Today’s announcement continues to demonstrate our commitment to be the ultimate destination for comic and Motion Book content, as well as embracing new, independent IP.”
For more information, be sure to check back to the site for updates, as well as all of your other Nerdy News and Needs!
Latest posts by Andrew McMahon (see all)
- Funhaus TV: Streaming Funhaus’ Back Catalog (And Some New) 24/7 - December 9, 2017
- PSX 2017: Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality is Coming to PS VR in 2018 - December 9, 2017
- PSX 2017: PlayStation Cult Classic MediEvil is Coming to PS4 - December 9, 2017