Aliens: Fireteam Elite has today launched its January 20 update, so here’s the full list of changes and fixes with this patch. Despite nearly being half a year old, Aliens: Fireteam Elite is still going strong with continued updates. Even if they don’t all add a lot of content, it’s good to see them supporting new and old players alike. This is especially true with the game’s recent debut over on Game Pass, as a large influx of players has begun playing the game thanks to that. Hopefully, the game ends up continuing this trend, as judging by guesstimates, the next season of content is set to debut in March. That’s just speculation for now though, so back to the topic at hand. Without further adieu, here’s everything new with Aliens: Fireteam Elite in its January 20 update.
Aliens: Fireteam Elite January 20 Update Patch Notes
Loss of Progress
Xbox & Windows:
Fixed an issue where Xbox and Windows players might lose progress when swapping profiles, or if they loaded into a game without first loading the title screen. If any issues do persist, please let us know via our Bug Report channel on our official Discord server.
Weapons and Attachments
- The DT-57 Medved, Type 21 Tactical Shotgun, and Type 76 Auto Shotgun now use fixed spread patterns, instead of a rotating spread pattern.
- Priming Magazine now refreshes itself on subsequent reloads, instead of needing the duration to complete before it can be reapplied.
- Fixed an issue with explosions that would cause them to deal the same damage to all targets. The damage dealt by explosions now properly falls off based on each target’s distance from the explosion.
- Fixed an issue where the Extended Flash Hider and Overloaded Rounds Attachments dealt friendly damage.
- Fixed muzzle flash visuals when using the Anti-Material Brake Attachment.
- Fixed an issue with many automatic weapons that could cause them to have additional delay between bullets when firing them single shot/semi-automatically. Firing these weapons semi-automatically should now be much more responsive. The following guns were affected by this change: M10 Auto Pistol, Rapid Responder, M39 SMG, X43 Barrage, PPZ-49 Vol, Type 76 Auto Shotgun, M41A2 Pulse Rifle, Kramer Assault Rifle, L36 Halberd, Type 88 Heavy, EVI-81 Zvezda Plasma Rifle, and the Microburst.
- Fixed an issue where double clicking to fire would skip the spin up time on the L59 Minigun.
- Hardened Incendiary Sentry Guns should now correctly deal damage over time.
- Fixed an issue where using Emotes with the Phalanx Class Kit while their shield is deployed would cause the animations to clip.
- Fixed an issue with the reload animation for the Frontier Revolver.
- Fixed an issue where some weapons would play the reload animation twice before actually reloading.
- Doc’s Anesthesiologist Perk will no longer trigger a negative beep SFX when a player was hit by Spitter acid.
- Adjusted weapon audio to be more impactful
- Deploying multiple turrets will no longer cause audio issues.
- Made various audio optimizations and adjustments.
- Added SFX for Challenge Card completion or failure in the mission end screen.
- UI SFX will no longer be dropped as a result of audio prioritization
- Players will no longer say ‘Rebooting’ when reviving Hoenikker.
- The audio notification for a player joining the queue will now only play once when two or more players join at the same time
- Intercom announcements in the hub will now be inaudible when the Sound fx volume setting is set to 0.
- The Only Way to be Sure: Search: AI companions should no longer run ahead by themselves at the start of the Mission.
- Priority One: Rescue: Players should no longer get stuck when vaulting over cover into a maintenance synth.
- Fixed an issue where elite enemies would sometimes instantly die after grappling a player.
- Optimized the Point Defense map.
- Fixed minor visual issues on the terrain in the Point Defense Map.
- Fixed an issue where elite enemies could not attack players in a specific area of the Horde Mode map.
- Point Defense: players should no longer see an unintentional cube when interacting with defense points.
- Made environment improvements in the “The Only Way to Be Sure” campaign.
- Addressed an issue where some players were unable to access Point Defense and Horde Mode when offline.
- Attachments introduced in Season 2 will now also drop from Point Defense and as bonus rolls from successfully completing Challenge Cards. All 13 Season 2 Attachments are now obtainable by completing Point Defense on Intense difficulty or higher.
- Point Defense: Players should no longer be able to trigger the cave-in before all players have loaded into the mission.
- Point Defense: Adjusted difficulty on Extreme and Insane levels by reducing the number of Elite enemies that spawn during phases 2 and 3. Increased the health of the defense points in higher difficulties.
- Technician: Fixed an issue where the Technician’s Flame Turret wouldn’t fire at critters through animated doorways.
- Technician: Real-Time Resource Reclamation Perk now works properly with Ability Recharge bonuses. Additionally, the delay before it explodes on death has been reduced.
- Gunner: Incendiary Burst Ability now visually scales with Radius increases.
- Phalanx: Shock Pulse and Concussion Pulse Abilities now visually scale with Radius increases.
- Doc: Suppression Station Ability now increases size correctly when combined with radius perks.
- Fixed an issue where the Egress point at the end of a Point Defense mission would show the wrong icon on the Motion Tracker.
- Fixed an issue where Weapon Colors would not apply if a player exited the menu from the Weapon Appearance screen.
- Fixed an issue where the Sidearm UI prompt would still show in instances where Sidearms are disabled, like when certain Challenge Cards are in use.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when using the Smooth Bore Barrel Attachment with specific weapons.
- Fixed an issue where enemies would sometimes fall through the floor.
- Firing weapons while on the Endeavor should no longer track toward Lifetime Stats.
- Made performance improvements.