Through the free Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0 update, fans of the series will have more reasons to keep visiting their islands. Along with the Happy Home Paradise DLC, this new update lets players plant and grow new crops that include tomatoes, wheat, potatoes, sugarcane, and carrots. These crops can be utilized for various delicious recipes through the DIY Recipes+ menu. Let’s take a look at how to harvest yourself some sweet sugarcane in the Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0 update.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons – How to Get and Grow Sugarcane
There are two ways you can get sugarcane crops once you’ve updated your Animal Crossing: New Horizons to the 2.0 version:
First, you can purchase sugarcane for 280 Bells each or 1,400 Bells for five-pack from Leif, either when he comes to your island or from his vendor stall on Harv’s Island. Every Monday, Leif updates the goods in his Harv’s Island store so check back every week if you can’t find the sugarcane seeds.
Second, when sailing with Kapp’n you might also find an island containing sugarcanes already ripe for harvest. Then you can simply harvest them or dig the plants up and bring them back home using a Shovel.
How to plant sugarcane seeds:
- Dig a hole in your farm plot.
- Open your inventory, select the sugarcane seed, then choose “Plant 1”.
- Water your sugarcane every day using the Watering Can for maximum results.
- You don’t need to water them if it’s raining or snowing.
- Harvest them once four days have passed.
- Then either sell them for Bells or to cook them.
- Wait two days for your crops to regrow.