Anthem to get a loot overhaul after massive fan complaints. BioWare’s newly released action role-playing game has come under fire from critics and fans alike. Many have called the game “purposeless” and “repetitive,” among other detractors.
Released on February 22nd, the game has seemingly not lived up to the hype. Since it’s release, there have been countless player complaints on the loot system alone. In a recent statement to the press, EA has acknowledged the following gamer complaints:
- Many inscriptions are not useful to the item they are attached to
- Due to this, players need to get many masterworks of the same item to find a “good one”
- Players want the frequency of masterwork drops to increase to help with the above or …
- They want us to change how masterwork inscriptions work so that they are more “useful”
In the same press statement, EA and Bioware have addressed precisely how they will make changes to the system:
- Inscriptions are now better for the items they are on.
- This applies to new items earned in Anthem (not existing ones in your Vault)
- If an inscription applies only to the item it is on (gear icon), it will be useful to that item. Otherwise, the inscription will provide a Javelin wide benefit
- For example, an Assault Rifle will not have an item specific +pistol damage inscription. It may have a +electric damage suit wide inscription (cool for a lightning build)
- Some more information below
- Removed uncommon (white) and common (green) items from level 30 drop tables
- This was a highly requested change and we agree, so that’s that.
- Reduced the crafting materials needed to craft a masterwork from 25 masterwork embers to 15 masterwork embers
- As you salvage or harvest, you should be able to craft more masterwork items to get the inscriptions you are looking for
- Now that inscriptions are more relevant to their item, this should yield better results for players
EA has also confirmed that changes to the inscription pool will be made as well. It is the hope that by listening to fans needs, they can win back those who have abandoned the game. It’s been a rocky start for Anthem but there is still time to turn things around.
These changes to Anthem are set to happen either today or Friday.
What are your thoughts on this news? Are you happy with Anthem so far? Do you think the loot system needed an overhaul? Let us know in the comments below!