Call of Duty: Vanguard has today launched its January 20 update, so here are the changes and fixes added with this patch. Today’s update brings some great news to those playing Vanguard, as shotguns have received sweeping nerfs. The Akimbo Double Barrel Shotgun has seen the hardest hit with a damage reduction, though the range of Buck and Slug attachments have been heavily reduced across the board. Finally, the overbearing meta of shotguns has been toppled. That isn’t all that’s being changed though, so let’s not waste more time. Without further adieu, here’s everything new with Call of Duty: Vanguard in its January 20 update!
Call of Duty: Vanguard January 20 Update Patch Notes
- Longshots now count when achieved through Incendiary Round’s damage over time
- When previewing the Welgun after unlocking Challenges in Multiplayer, the Welgun is no longer missing challenge details
- Corrected unintended behavior with Buck and Slug, which resulted in players getting headshot bonuses when shooting limbs
- Players with the Fortified Perk are no longer immune to any fire damage including Flamenaut and Incendiary Grenade
- Fixed an issue where some players would not retain their Killstreaks in between rounds
- Users can no longer gain infinite ammo with a Killstreak bug exploit
- Double Barrel Shotgun
- Damage has been reduced
- Shotgun Attachments
- Buck and Slug range has been reduced
- Match start timer is now 30 seconds
- Removed FMJ from Restricted List
- Respawn Delay Timer set to 3.5 seconds
- Suicide Respawn Delay Timer set to 4.5 seconds
- Added Incendiary Grenades to Restricted List
- Added Bombing Run to Restricted List
- All Killstreaks, except Artillery Strike and Cruise Missile, are restricted and not able to be used while in Ranked matches
- Addressed an issue that could occasionally prevent the player’s Artifact from working properly after using a Self-Revive.
- Addressed an issue where Support weapons could provide infinite ammo.