Despite the warming temperatures around the globe, Colossal Order and Cities: Skylines want us to think of those days when the air is chilled and the cocoa is hot.
Cities: Skylines Snowfall is the second expansion for the deservedly successful Cities: Skylines. This time around, players will be tasked with keeping their residents warm during those frigid months; making sure that the streets stay clear of ice and snow to boot. The first trailer for Snowfall looks delightfully, well, snowy!
In a great Paradox Development Studio tradition, there will be both a free update with the release of this newest expansion along with the paid DLC. Is this just an easy way to get players to pay for a weather modulation? Let’s look at the details.
Colossal Order, in good order, has said
In Snowfall, the difficulty heats up when the city cools down, thanks to a new in-game temperature reading that will have residents bundling up for warmth when the weather outside is frightful. Cosmetic weather, composed of rain and fog, will be added to Cities: Skylines as part of a free update, along with other features to be announced soon. Players who own Snowfall will get to face new challenges such as ensuring that their city infrastructure can handle seasonal heating demands – and, when the snow starts falling, that the roads can stay clear. New snowplow services will be required to prevent traffic from freezing in place, while new all-weather trams and expanded public transit options can help residents and visitors alike get around town – and visit the new winter parks and landmarks available in Snowfall
Snowfall will also include: (source)
- Now is the Winter of This Content: Rain and fog for existing maps, plus a new “Winter” map theme with snow and all of its challenges
- The Streetcars You Desire: Expanded public transportation options, including easier management of existing lines – and Trams, a new system demanded by fans
- World Warmth, Too: Cold weather increases demands for electricity unless new water-based heat systems are in place
- Plowers to the People: Build a snowplow depot to keep traffic flowing during winter weather, and employ new road maintenance systems to keep your streets in shape
- New Chirps: #yeahthereare
So, what do you think of this new expansion for Cities: Skylines? Let us know what you think in the comments below.