After the game’s warm reception at the recent Summer Next Fest, Plethora Project has released a brand-new development trailer for its community-building game Common’hood. The game itself is looking to become available later in the year, and this hands-on gameplay trailer really showcases the ins and outs of this gorgeous little community game.
Take a look at the development trailer below to see what we mean.
What is Common’hood All About?
As we said, Common’hood is set to launch towards the end of the year. This community-building game does have a single-player mode, but this is all about the multiplayer experience; it will provide a four-player co-op extension of the game’s sandbox environment. Common’hood forces players to work together in complete harmony, aiming to manufacture incredible creations as one big community.
Players will find themselves in a downtrodden factory, one that is seemingly abandoned. Under further exploration, though, this factory is inhabited by a small community of people who have seen better days. Players must work with the residents to help build a better future for everyone. Common’hood allows players to grow food for everyone, encourages your creative juices with its design features, and allows you to be the figure everyone feels comfortable around.
As the story progresses, you will be able to connect with other residents, forging stronger connections with one another. It matters how you treat the residents in Common’hood; you are in the same boat as them.
Some of the main fey features for Common’hood are:
- Take care of settlers, form connections, and help them feel like an essential part of the community
- Grow self-sustaining food sources out of a variety of crops which in turn gives access to a variety of recipes to cook
- Highly detailed building tools allow players to have free reign of their factory. Craft shelters, workshops, and even high-tech manufacturing facilities
- As you scavenge and explore, discover more about the factory and how it came to be abandoned.
- Bring friends along and design and build together
- Share unique designs with the online community
Make sure you stay tuned for more information regarding Common’hood, this delightful little community-building game coming to Steam.