Corsair iCUE Nexus
Corsair is putting out product after product to help you build a computer system that’s managed and controlled through the iCUE software and includes all the bells and whistles! One of the latest products is the Corsair iCUE Nexus.
Earlier this month, the iCUE Nexus was released leaving some to wonder if this is worth the money or if they should just invest in a second monitor. Let’s take a closer look at this new accessory.
What’s in the Box?
The contents of the box include:
- iCUE NEXUS Companion Touch Screen
- Mounting bracket for K70 MK.2 and K95 PLATINUM
- Mounting bracket for K70 MK.2 Low Profile
- Standalone base
- Quick start guide
- Warranty card
- Screen Size: 5″ diagonal
- Resolution: 640×48 pixels (40:3 aspect ratio)
- Frame Rate: 24 FPS
- Screen Color: RGB, 262K colors
- Backlighting: Yes
- Touch Screen: Yes
- Programmable Buttons: Yes, up to six
- Chassis: Plastic (black)
- Connectivity: USB 2.0 Type A
- Onboard Memory: None
- Plug and Play: Requires iCUE Software
- OS Compatibility: Windows 10
- Cable: 6 ft/1.8 m, braided on standalone base
- Dimensions (not including base): 154 (L) x 35 (W) x 16 (H) mm
- Weight (not including base): 60 g/0.14 lbs.
- Warranty: Two Years
So, what exactly is the iCUE Nexus?
The Corsair iCUE Nexus is a 5″ LCD touch screen that is stand-alone or mountable on specific Corsair keyboards. This screen is customizable with the ability to open or start programs, monitor your system’s stats, open websites, change the compatible iCue-controlled lighting and so much more.
This LCD touch screen can be used with a standalone base or attach it directly to the USB pass-through port on the CORSAIR K70 RGB MK.2 or K95 RGB PLATINUM series keyboard.
This product allows you to design over 200 swipe-to-navigate screens that can have unique graphics and icons. The touch screen can display up to six programmable virtual buttons at a time using custom drag-and-drop graphics.
The screen can help you to have an in-depth view of real-time system monitoring from your CPU and GPU, including temperatures, fan speeds, and more from iCUE-compatible devices.
Control iCUE compatible device settings:
You are able to adjust your iCUE-compatible device settings (i.e. mouse sensitivity, headset equalizer, etc.) and it does not require you to open up the iCUE software.
The iCUE Nexus screen can be customized through the iCUE software to create actions and macros for your favorite games and applications. You can have access to all these things with one single touch!
As with many of the previously reviewed iCUE accessories, the customizations and personalizations with this touch screen are controlled through the iCUE software.
This touch screen can be purchased on Amazon for $99.99.
The Corsair iCUE Nexus is another accessory to add to the growing list of iCUE compatible products. If you do not own any other iCUE products you might argue that a second monitor would suffice. However, there are several features that another monitor would not provide.
If you have several iCUE products, this would enhance your computing experience. The price is reasonable if you are looking for this type of accessory for your computer.
The option to have it on a stand-alone base or connect it to one of the Corsair compatible keyboards is a nice option, as well.
I would not call the Corsair iCUE Nexus a necessity, but it would definitely be a nice addition to your system.
- All the customization and personalized features
- Standalone base or ability to attach to some of the Corsair keyboards.
- A second screen to utilize for computer applications
- Computer System Monitoring options
- Not truly a necessity for anyone who does not already purchase Corsair iCUE products.
- A little pricey but manageable