The first expansion for the award-winning Crusader Kings III, named Royal Court, has an announced February 2022 release date.
What is a king or queen without a throne room? All of history’s grandest rulers had a place to welcome guests and display their majesty. Soon, Crusader Kings III players will have new ways to manage their courts and build the most prestigious dynasty in history. Starting on February 8, 2022, fans of the beloved Crusader Kings series can accumulate artifacts and build all kinds of nations in one of strategy gaming’s deepest blends of politics and intrigue with rich character-driven stories. The release of the Royal Court expansion will be accompanied by a major update to the base game with a new culture interface, minor court positions, and much more.
Watch the official trailer for the expansion with a breakdown of the new features below:
This first expansion pack for Crusader Kings III, comes after a well-received DLC in the Northern Lords, looking to give players exciting, new ways to play the game. Features of Crusader Kings III: Royal Court includes:
- Throne Room: A visual representation of your royal court will reflect all the accumulated majesty and prestige of your dynasty.
- Hold Court: Interact with vassals and courtiers as they come to you with their problems, seeking a royal judgment.
- Grandeur: Increase the quality of life at your court with fancier trappings and better food, all the better to impress your rivals and attract higher quality guests.
- Inspired People: Talented artists, craftspeople and thinkers can work on new projects, adding treasures and artifacts to your court.
- Hybrid Cultures: Make the most of a multicultural realm, developing a new way of life that is specifically adapted to your population and geography.
- Cultural Divergence: split from your traditional culture, adapting it into something new that better fits your aspirations.
What feature are you most excited about? Let me know!