While many people eagerly await the Phantom Liberty DLC to hit the digital shelves, the true wait is for the 2.0 update for Cyberpunk 2077. People think this update will finally make the game what it was supposed to be when it launched in 2020. And yes, some other updates added many features, but none as prominent as the ones we’ll get in 2.0. Today, the people behind Cyberpunk 2077 have released more details regarding the new car combat mechanics of the 2.0 update. If you’re looking forward to some vehicular mayhem in this crime-riddled city, you’ll get it soon.
Cyberpunk 2077 Will Revamp the Car Combat Mechanics in Update 2.0
Today we’re taking a look at another new feature coming to Cyberpunk 2077 — vehicle combat and car chases! 🚗 🔫
— Cyberpunk 2077 (@CyberpunkGame) September 12, 2023
According to a recent post from the Cyberpunk 2077 team, the car combat mechanics in update 2.0 will be mindblowing. While you could shoot from your car in certain sequences, you won’t have to wait for scripted events to allow you to do some vehicular mayhem. Also, it is worth mentioning that this will be available to everybody who owns the game, regardless of the DLC. Here’s what you can expect for car combat in update 2.0:
- An option to shoot your pistols or SMGs from the back of your motorcycle.
- You can shoot the abovementioned weapons through your car’s windshield.
- Cars with CrystalineDome tech can open the sliding doors to shoot.
- You can use melee weapons from your bike to slice your enemy’s tires.
- New mounted weapons are coming to different vehicles.
- Car hacking abilities for netrunners.
- Police officers will chase you if you commit a crime.
As you can see, CD Projekt Red is bringing the big guns for its revamped car combat in Cyberpunk 2077 2.0. This is great, as many people thought this, and other systems were lacking at launch. While some mods tried to fix them, it’s nice to see the developers finally deliver what was promised. All that remains is to wait for the release date of update 2.0 and the new DLC.