Video Game publisher Degica has announced that their “original super-wide-screen shooting game”, DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours, will soon have new DLC available. There will be Six DLC packs (3 based on classic Taito games and 3 based on classic Sega games) launched for all versions of DBCS. The Taito game packs will be RayForce, Night Striker, and Metal Black, and then the Sega game packs will be Space Harrier, Galaxy Force II, and Fantasy Zone. The DLC packs will be tentatively available on the 3rd of March Each pack will include one new ship from the game of the same name, unique levels, and remixed music from its original counterpart. Each pack will cost $4.99 individually or alternatively $11.99 for all three packs.
The new levels will play similarly to the game’s CS mode (not in 32:9 aspect ratio), and the DLC ships are only usable in the DLC levels. However, ships from the base game can be used in the DLC levels.
For those curious about the game, the companies press release describes it as follows. “DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours is the latest installment in Taito’s DARIUS series of arcade-style shooting games. Blast hordes of alien sea monsters and blaze your own trail through branching environments. WARNING!! DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours is approaching fast!”
- Brand-new story mode with hundreds of stages covering DARIUS history
- 3000+ stages unlockable by global players in AC Chronicle mode
- 9 playable ships to choose from including classic Silver Hawk variants, a new CS-exclusive ship, and gameplay-changing Burst modes
- Branching stages where you choose your own path and challenge level
- Over 40 enormous, robotic sea-monster battleships (including new CS-exclusive bosses)
- Haunting and memorable Zuntata soundtrack from classic tracks to new compositions
- From huge arcade machine to your Steam, PS4, and Vita systems
Brian Cowan loves playing video games, football, Magic, and pretty much anything else that he can use as an excuse to waste time. When he is not doing the above or working, he is usually writing or reading.