Darkest Valley is a new RPG developed and published by Sudo Games. It exists as a nod to the classics we have seen in the last 20 years. It is set to release in Steam Early Access in 2021. Acquire new skills as you slay monsters and loot the treasure you find. Darkest Valley comes complete with an original soundtrack. Set in a dark fantasy world, it combines the elements of well-known classics. While it is an RPG at its core, it doesn’t use grind-based character progression.
Darkest Valley Additional Features
The game has a host of features to keep players interested:
- Pseudo-random Map Generation – Using a special algorithm to promote variety, players will never take on the same map twice.
- Engaging Story – Journey through a well-written funny story spanning four acts.
- Three Classes to Choose From – Choose from a melee fighter, a ranged tank, or a strategic summoner. Each of them comes with a class-specific offensive, defensive, and utility skill tree.
- Destructible Objects – Loot is everywhere. Destroy any objects that may be hiding the treasure from sight
- Hidden Challenge Bosses – Not all bosses are obvious. Some of the fights you encounter may come as a surprise.
- Extended Playtime – There is no shortage of main or side quests. Stay busy for hours as you embark on your journey.
Unlike other RPGs, Darkest Valley does not employ grind-based progression. In its stead, developers have chosen to go the route of crystals. These items are located around the map. They are used to upgrade skills, which is the only way to get stronger. Gather as many as you can to give your foes something to work for.
Darkest Valley will be priced at $14.99. Players can look forward to the game hitting Steam Early Access in Q2 of 2021. Will you be making the journey into this dark fantasy world? Let me know in the comments below!