The 2.56 update has arrived for Don’t Starve Together, and here’s the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch. The wilderness survival game was released in 2016 and received pretty cool feedback from players. That’s why the developer Klei Entertainment supports the title with periodical updates. So, the latest version is for the ”A Little Drama” patch, and it brings Hallowed Nights, Quality of Life changes, and more. Here’s everything new with the Don’t Starve Together update 2.39.
Don’t Starve Together Update 2.56 Patch Notes
- Hallowed Nights is now active.
A Little Drama Changes
- The Survivors can use the Stage to show off a little bit for whoever is watching
- The Survivors can don special costumes to help them tell other stories as well.
- Costumes can be found in the Briars set piece.
- Added the Mannequins to hold (and show off!) their equipment.
Playstyle, Game Mode, and Preset changes
- Added Relaxed preset:
- Survivors will be damaged but not killed by starving, freezing, overheating, or darkness.
- Survivors will take 35% less damage from all sources.
- Hound waves and Shadow Creatures from low sanity are set to Less.
- Ghosts can revive at the Florid Postern, and the world will not reset when everyone is dead.
- Wildfires are disabled.
- Game Modes, Presets, and Intention changes:
- Added a server Playstyle indicator which is determined by the world settings.
- Users will pick a Playstyle when creating a new server, which will apply the appropriate preset world settings.
- The Playstyle indicator will be displayed in the server browser where the server intention was previously displayed.
- Changing the world settings will update the Playstyle indicator to the best matching playstyle.
- The settings controlled by the Wilderness and Endless game modes can now be set in world settings.
- Wilderness and Endless Game modes have been converted to presets. Existing worlds will be retrofitted.
- The preset “No Giants Here” has been removed. Existing worlds will not be affected by this.
- Server intention has been removed (Social/Cooperative/Competitive/Madness).
New World Settings
- Temperature Damage: Default / Nonlethal (will damage but not kill survivors)
- Hunger Damage: Default / Nonlethal (will damage but not kill survivors)
- Darkness Damage: Default / Nonlethal (will damage but not kill survivors)
- Max Health Penalty: Enabled / Disabled
- Spawn Mode: If survivors should spawn at the Florid Postern or at a random location.
- Survivor Death: If you will turn into a ghost or be brought back to the survivor select menu.
- Ghost Sanity Drain: Controls if there will be a sanity drain on all players when anyone is a ghost.
- Death Reset Timer: Controls how long you have before the world regenerates when all survivors are dead.
- Basic Resources: If basic resources, such as saplings and berry bushes, should respawn over time.
Quality of Life Changes
- Recipe Cards can now be found throughout the world.
- Reading a card will say the recipe for a Crock Pot dish.
- Recipe Cards can be found in Tumbleweeds, Graves, Sunken Chests, and some boons.
- Food and Crock Pot Changes:
- Added 2 Egg Crock Pot recipes.
- Added a Tallbird Egg Crock Pot recipe.
- Added 2 Beefalo feed Crock Pot recipes.
- Adjusted the Stuffed Fish Heads and Veggie Burger cooking priority to prevent multiple results.
- Banana Shake can no longer be made with meat, fish, or monster meat.
- Frozen Banana Daiquiri can no longer be made with meat or fish, and adjusted the priority has to remove the random chance of getting a Banana Shake.
- Ice Cream is now classified as Goodies.
- Beefalo can now eat Roasted Birchnut.
- Changed the time for Tallbirds to lay a new egg to be more in line with other food sources.
- The Fire Pit and Campfire will now drop charcoal when the fire goes out if it was fueled to the max stage.
- Added information, while a ghost, to help new players learn how to revive.
- Added the Turf-Raiser Helm, a new helmet that you can get from the Antlion.
Don’t Starve Together Update – Community Feedback Tweaks and Changes
- Added loading protection which will protect survivors while the game is loading from things like transferring to the caves.
- The Cartographer’s Desk can now erase Blueprints, Tackle Adverts, Sketch, Costume Patterns, and Recipe Cards, turning it into one Papyrus.
- Updated the Scarecrow skins selection UI.
- Added cooking, fishing, and farming-themed boons to the world generation.
- Ancient Stonework turf blueprints can now be found via Distilled Knowledge.
- Digging up the turf in ruins will now give the turf object.
- Ruins Turf and Imitation Ruins Turf Blueprints can now be crafted at the Ancient Pseudoscience Station.
- Tallbirds without a nest will now make a new nest, but only on rocky or dirt turf.
- Added the Snazzy Pitchfork (golden pitchfork)
- Increased the number of uses for the Tent and Siesta Lean-to to better reflect their crafting cost.
- The Camper’s Tent now restores health at the same rate as the Tent.
- The Straw Roll will now restore some health while sleeping.
- The Furry Roll will now affect your body temperature while sleeping.
- Trail Mix can now be made with raw Birchnuts.
- The Tin Fishin’ Bin now holds up to 20 fish.
- The Tin Fishin’ Bin can now be built on dock tiles.
- The Bookcase can now be used to open skins gifts.
- The Insulated Pack and Seed Pack-It are no longer burnable.
- Added a confirmation popup for the Reset Now button when all players are dead.
- Steeped Lunar Essence can now mutate Wobster Mounds and birds.
- The Distortion Setting has been changed to control the intensity.
- The Lazy Forager can now be repaired with nightmare fuel.
- Changed the materials required for building all stages of the Hermit Home. It no longer requires seasonal items.
- Skittersquids now always drop a Light Bulb.
- Masts are placed on land, and the Mannequin can now be rotated with the Fencing Sword.
- When Warly inspects food, he will now comment if it is something he ate recently.
- Fixed a save/load bug where the Campfire’s fire would load at the center of the world.
- Fixed a bug where Gobblers and The Crabby Hermit would think the Banana Bush is a Berry Bush.
- Fixed Walter’s Guest of Honour hair and hat.
- Fixed an image artifacting bug with UI images.
- Fixed an idle animation bug.
- Fixed invisible baby beefalo hooves.
- Fixed some old set pieces from generating old Farm Plots; they now generate Drying Racks instead.
- Fixed a Tallbird Nest save/load bug.
- Fixed a rare save file corruption when spawning Bearger.
- Fixed hatching Tallbird Eggs not using all heating and cooling sources.
- Fixed planted Carrots and Catcoon Dens not regrowing after being burnt.
- Fixed being unable to see default skins with the weave able filter on.
Don’t Starve Together is available on Steam, PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch. For more information regarding for Don’t Starve Together update 2.39, its patch notes, or the game itself, head to the developer website.