With the new fishing system introduced in Geshin Impact‘s 2.1 Update, many players are likely eager to cast in their fishing lines and reel in a big catch. To catch fish in Genshin Impact, players will need to craft bait, which will vary depending on the kind of fish. Initially, the game provides players with Fruit Paste Bait, a basic lure used to catch common fish such as the Medaka. For learning how to craft other types of lures, players must travel to a specific seller to purchase the recipes. Read on to learn how to how to make bait in Genshin Impact.
How to Craft Bait in Genshin Impact
To obtain the recipes needed to craft different kinds of bait in Genshin Impact, players should head to the Fishing Association in Mondstadt. The seller will provide players with three recipes for Medaka x 3 each. To quickly obtain them all, consider catching Medaka x 9 before visiting the shop.
A seller named Nantuck can be found outside the walls of Mondstadt, slightly northeast of the town’s island. Here’s the list of bait recipes he will exchange for Medaka, including the ingredients needed for Fruit Paste Bait.
- Redrot Bait x 10 – Dendrobium x 1, Fowl x 1
- False Worm Bait x 10 – Slime Condensate x 1, Berry x 1
- Fake Fly Bait x 10 – Sakura Bloom x 1, Horsetail x 1
- Fruit Paste Bait x 10 – Sunsettia x 1, Wheat x 1
For those who would like to know where to find Medaka to buy these recipes, check out our Genshin Impact fishing location guide. Here’s a list of catchable fish for each of these types of bait.
- Redrot Bait – Sticklebacks, Bettas, Venomspine Fish, Akai Maou, and Snowstriders
- False Worm Bait – Shirakodai and Angelfish
- Fake Fly Bait – Koi and Pufferfish
- Fruit Paste Bait – Medakas, Dawncatchers, and Crystalfish
Keep in mind that the kind of fishing rod used can also make a difference when fishing in Genshin Impact.
Genshin Impact is available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC, iOS, and Android.