Mona, the 5-star Hydro Catalyst user, is one of the characters that recently got a major makeover along with Jean, Amber, and Rosaria. Her main strength is her Elemental Burst, which can quickly deal tons of damage as well as buff your team’s damage. Here’s one of the best Mona builds that you can try for your Genshin Impact team.
YouTuber Hydrosam has made a pretty detailed Genshin Impact video regarding Mona’s build. But if you prefer a text guide or don’t have time to watch the 15-minutes long video, you can read the key takeaways below.
In the Genshin Impact video above, Hydrosam points out that one thing you should remember is to use Mona’s Illusory Bubble attack often, which while the bubbles themselves won’t deal any damage, they can inflict enemies with Omen and deal huge damage and stagger (along with additional bonus damage from Constellation effect) when popped.
Mona: Best Team Members
- Ganyu: If you’re making a Freeze team. Go with Burst Spam or DPS Mona.
- Ayaka: Same as the above.
- Hu Tao: Go with her if you’re making a Vaporize team.
- Benett: Same as the above and he can heal.
- Kazuha: Can support both Freeze and Vaporize teams.
Genshin Impact: Best Equipment for Mona Build
- Skyward Atlas: Can fit in any situation.
- Base Attack: 48
- Bonus Effect: ATK + 7.2%
- Skill Effect: Wandering Clouds. Increases Elemental DMG Bonus by 12%. Normal attack hits have a 50% chance to earn the favor of the clouds, which actively seeks out nearby enemies to attack for 15s. Dealing 160% ATK DMG. Can only occur once every 30s.
- Memory of Dust: Best for a shield team composition.
- Base Attack: 48
- Bonus Effect: ATK + 10.8%
- Skill Effect: Golden Majesty. Increases Shield Strength by 20%. Scoring hits on opponents increases ATK by 4% for 8s. Max 5 stacks. Can only occur once every 0.3s. While protected by a shield, this ATK increase effect is increased by 100%
- Widsith: With the right elemental, attack, or damage buff, it can be as effective as 5-star weapons.
- Base Attack: 42
- Bonus Effect: CRIT DMG + 12%
- Skill Effect: Debut. When a character takes the field, they will gain a random theme song for 10s. This can only occur once every 30s. Recitative: ATK is increased by 60%. Aria: Increases all Elemental DMG by 48%. Interlude: Elemental Mastery is increased by 240.
- Lost Prayer to the Sacred Winds: The only 5-star weapon with Crit Rate bonus despite not dealing as much damage as the previous three.
- Base Attack: 46
- Bonus Effect: CRIT Rate + 7.2%
- Skill Effect: Boundless Blessing. Increases Movement SPD by 10%. When in battle, gain an 8% Elemental DMG Bonus every 4s. Max 4 stacks. Lasts until the character falls or leaves combat.
- Blackcliff Agate: Good choice if you’re building a Main DPS Mona.
- Base Attack: 42
- Bonus Effect: CRIT DMG + 12.00%
- Skill Effect: Press the Advantage. After defeating an enemy, ATK is increased by 12% for 30s. This effect has a maximum of 3 stacks, and the duration of each stack is independent of the others.
- Dodoco Tales: For a free-to-play weapon, it’s still a pretty good pick for DPS Mona.
- Base Attack: 41
- Bonus Effect: ATK + 12.0%
- Skill Effect: Dodoventure!. Normal Attack hits on opponents increase Charged Attack DMG by 16% for 6s. Charged Attack hits on opponents increase ATK by 8% for 6s.
- Favonius Codex: The best weapon for a Burst Spam build thanks to the Elemental Particles generation.
- Base Attack: 42
- Bonus Effect: Energy Recharge + 10%
- Skill Effect: Windfall. CRIT Hits have a 60% chance to generate a small amount of Elemental Particles, which will regenerate 6 Energy for the character. Can only occur once every 12s.
- Wine and Song: Has Energy Recharge bonus and attack buff that is easy to proc, good for Burst Spam.
- Base Attack: 44
- Bonus Effect: Energy Recharge + 6.7
- Skill Effect: Ever-Changing. Hitting an opponent with a Normal Attack decreases the Stamina consumption of Sprint or Alternate Sprint by 14% for 5s. Additionally, using a Sprint or Alternate Sprint ability increases ATK by 20% for 5s.
Recommended Artifacts and Constellations
- Noblesse Oblige:
- 2-pieces: Elemental Burst DMG +20%
- 4-pieces: Using an Elemental Burst increases all party members’ ATK by 20% for 12s. This effect cannot stack
- Emblem of Severed Fate:
- 2-pieces: Energy Recharge +20%
- 4-pieces: Increases Elemental Burst DMG by 25% of Energy Recharge. A maximum of 75% bonus DMG can be obtained in this way.
- Heart of Depth:
- 2-pieces: Hydro DMG Bonus +15%
- 4-pieces: After using an Elemental Skill, increases Normal Attack and Charged Attack DMG by 30% for 15s.
- Gladiator’s Finale:
- 2-pieces: ATK +18%
Use 4-pieces of Noblesse Oblige to boost your team’s damage or Emblem of Severed Fate to enhance Mona’s stats for Burst Spamming. Meanwhile, for Main DPS build go with 4-pieces of Emblem of Severed Fate or Heart of Depth. 2-piece Heart of Depth and Gladiator’s Finale also works.
For Constellations, C1 Prophecy of Submersion is good to boost those electrocharged, vaporize, hydro, and frozen effects. C2 Lunar Chain is extremely useful to buff Mona as the Main DPS. C3 is also good to upgrade your Elemental Burst. And C4 Prophecy of Oblivion is pretty much her last good Constellations that adds crit rate at opponents that inflicted by Omen.