Warsaw-based VARSAV Game Studios’ latest effort Giants Uprising releases today on Steam in early access. As the name implies, you’ll jump in as a gargantuan giant making the most of their newfound freedom. Then, stomp, squash, or otherwise orchestrate all manner of destruction in a quest for revenge against the puny humans, your erstwhile captors.
Accompanied by your human guide, Kielbasa, carry your wrath and lust for revenge to the oppressor’s settlements. Reclaim your freedom, learn what happened to your enslaved kin, smash your enemies, and be the spark of the Giants’ uprising. The time for vengeance has come!”
With Giants Uprising releasing in early access, VARSAV has major plans for the game moving forward. The developer says a host of new maps, enemies, and mechanics are currently in the works. Three new levels, a new tower type, a beta customization system, and an off-screen trebuchet mechanic, should arrive by the year’s end. A full launch is planned for sometime in 2022.
Naturally, the Giants Uprising release comes with a launch trailer, which you view just below.
Giants Uprising Key Features
- Feel what it’s like to be a powerful, fearless Giant who crushes everything that stands in his way.
- Terrify people and stand ankle-deep in their blood. Show people who is the most powerful Giant out there.
- Discover an emotionally gripping tale of two outcasts—Rogbar and Kielbasa. Help them get revenge, stir an uprising, and rescue the Giants.
- Conquer your foes in challenging battles. Use primitive weapons and elements of the environment to overcome their military might.
- Revel in the pure pleasure that comes from extreme destruction, as you flatten every single building in your wake.
Once again, for those at the back, Giants Uprising releases today in early access for PC. There’s a 10% launch discount to tempt those still on the fence. There’s even a demo to get a taste of what Giants Uprising is all about before committing to a purchase.