Hades was released in November last year to much applause and critical success as the rogue-like delivers an outstanding blood pumping package. We here at The Nerd Stash gave Hades a 5/5 ‘Remarkable’ score in our review of the indie masterpiece.
This week, Hades won the Game of the Year Award at the highly prestigious GDC event (Game Developer Conference). This award and recent release announcement for consoles, has sparked a revived interest for Hades; As it had slipped under many gamer’s radars due to its absence on Xbox and Playstation.
If you have just picked up Hades or are returning to the depths of Tartarus, then you might have come across a lonely giant named Sisyphus. Chained in a small dungeon, players may wonder if you can free the once king from his tragic fate. In our guide, we can confirm that yes, you can free Sisyphus from his incarceration, and we will tell you just how to do it.
Hades: How to Free Sisyphus Guide
Freeing Sisyphus in Hades requires a bit of footwork but is relatively simple. Like most other side characters in Hades, you can increase their Affinity by providing Bottles of Nectar. To begin freeing Sisyphus, players must gain his favor by providing 6 Bottles of Nectar.
Once providing the 6 Bottles of Nectar, Zagreus must ask this question when interacting with Sisyphus: ‘Sisyphus, I know you tend to be in remarkably good spirits, all things considered, but there must be something I can do to help with your predicament, isn’t there?”
Now you must accomplish the following tasks:
- First unlock the Administrative Chamber, which can be purchased from the House Contractor.
- Now you must talk to Megaera and Hades about the situation regarding the Shades. Once done, players must fill 5 hearts of Affinity for the Fury and talk about the same subject.
- Now converse with Nyx about the Administrative chamber, this conversation will become available after gaining 5 Affinity hearts for Nyx.
- Now converse with Nyx again, discuss Sisyphus and players will be directed to Sisyphus’ file in the Administrative chamber.
- Once you have completed all this running around, you will need to buy the “Knave-King’s Sentence” from the shop, this will cost Zagreus 4 Diamonds.
And that is it, Sisyphus is freed and with an extra item, he will give players a companion as a reward that can be used in combat. To get the companion, simply give Sisyphus a Bottle of Ambrosia.
Be sure to check out our latest 5/5 game review, The Forgotten City, released today.
Hades is out now on PC and Switch. Hades is available for Pre-Order on PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox series X/S; releasing on August 13, 2021.