“Stay awhile and listen.” Anyone who has ever sat down with Blizzard’s loot-fest action RPG Diablo can still hear the voice of Deckard Cain speaking those exact words. And soon, you’ll be able to unleash some Horadric destruction in a different Blizzard game, as the old scholar is making his way to Heroes of the Storm. Blizzard has done an excellent job of adding new characters to Heroes of the Storm, but it has been some time since a new character from the Diablo universe entered the Nexus. Check out Deckard Cain’s trailer below:
Let’s break down Cain’s abilities and see if he’ll be able to stand up to characters like Alexstrasza. He is defined as a setup healer, and his heroic trait (a passive ability unique to each character in Heroes of the Storm) is called “Fortitude of the Faithful.” It reduces his cooldowns and provides him with extra armor when he is near an ally. His other abilities include:
- Q – Healing Potion: Cain throws a bottle onto the battlefield that will heal the first ally to pick it up. He can have up to five potions on the battlefield at once.
- W – Horadric Cube: Deckard Cain deals damage and slows all enemies within range.
- E – Scroll of Sealing: Designates a triangular area on the ground that damages and locks enemies into place for a short while.
- Heroic Ability 1 – Stay Awhile and Listen: Makes all enemies in a cone in front of Deckard Cain fall asleep for two seconds.
- Heroic Ability 2 – Lorenado: Summons a tornado of papers and books that travels forward and pushes enemies out of the way.
Yes, Deckard Cain has the ability to bore enemies to sleep. And unique healers are always welcome.
Cain should be available soon in the Heroes of the Storm public test realm, and should hit the main game soon after. Stay tuned to The Nerd Stash for the latest news on Heroes of the Storm.