There are many resources that you can grow or produce on your farm. However, some vegetables, such as Fiddlehead Fern, can only be found in the wild in Stardew Valley. Even though this is a vegetable, it belongs to foraged items. Therefore, to obtain it, you have to explore the depths of Mines and Skull Cavern. But if you are lucky, you may be able to find this vegetable in the Forest.
Where To Find Fiddlehead Fern
As we said, Fiddlehead Fern is a foraged item in Stardew Valley. Actually, it is the only vegetable in the game that is classified as such an item. That is why, it can only be found in certain locations in the game:
- Secret Woods – This is the easiest way as you will unlock this area quite early in the game. Just look around during the Summer season, and you will find a Fiddlehead Fern.
- Traveling Cart – From time to time, this vegetable appears in the merchant’s assortment. But be prepared to pay between 270 and 1,000 Gold per piece.
- Ginger Island – Visit the eastern part of the island which is covered in dark jungle. Regardless of the season, Fiddlehead Fern can grow here.
- The Mines – As you clear levels 41 to 69 here, you’ll occasionally find the coveted Fiddlehead Fern. However, for this vegetable to start spawning, you have to activate the Shrine of Challenge.
- Skull Cavern – Reach the Prehistoric floors, and you will be able to forage Fiddlehead Fern in Stardew Valley.
How To Use Fiddlehead Fern
First of all, you should use Fiddlehead Fern for Bundles in Stardew Valley. This item is required for the Chef’s Bundle and Wild Medicine Bundle. Also, you can use it as a gift. Luckily, most of the villagers like it, except Vincent, Sam, Jas, Haley, and Abigail. In addition, players can prepare a delicious Fiddlehead Risotto:
- Fiddlehead Fern
Finally, Fiddlehead Fern can be used for sale. Its cost varies from 90 to 180 Gold depending on the quality. But we recommend you use a Keg or Preserves Jar to produce the Artisan product from it and earn more money.
That’s all you need to know about how to get and use Fiddlehead Fern in Stardew Valley. This vegetable is quite rare but can be very useful for improving relations with villagers and completing Bundles. In the meantime, please take a look at our guide on how to get the Tea Set In Stardew Valley.
Stardew Valley is available on Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.