If you aren’t familiar with the original Talos Principle game, the sequel will introduce you to a set of intro puzzles, easing you into the game’s mechanics. Once your A.I. character is fully awake, you start from a city known as New Jerusalem, but before you get enough time to explore this marvelous dystopian creation, you will be whisked away to a mysterious island. Here is where The Talos Principle 2 takes a drastic turn and introduces you to the RGB Converter tool.
Grasslands Ring Puzzle 1 (RGB Shifting)
To solve the first Grasslands Ring puzzle in The Talos Principle 2, players need to use the RGB Converter to open the gates to the two Hexahedrons (boxes). Open the gate to the red Pressure Plates, and then put the Hexahedrons on the Pressure Plates to open the final Energy Gate.
1. RGB Conversion:
- Starting with the red Light Receiver’s Energy Gate, pick up the RGB Converter.
- Select the blue and green Light Generators to turn the Converter red.
2. Open the First Gate:
- Select the red Light Receiver, which will unlock the Energy Gate.
- Head into the gate, pick up the Hexahedron and move it outside without blocking lasers.
3. Unlock the Second Gate:
- To get the second Hexahedron, follow a similar process.
- This time, unlock a gate with a blue Light Receiver.
- Turn the RGB Converter blue by selecting it without keeping pre-existing connections and then choosing the red and green Light Generators.
- Retrieve the Hexahedron.
4. Unlock the Final Gate:
- To unlock the gate with the green Light Receiver:
- Select the red and blue Light Receivers while wielding the RGB Converter, creating green.
- Zap the green Light Generator.
- Place both Hexahedrons on the red Pressure Plates.
- Players will now be able to use the Progress Wheel, which completes the puzzle.
Grasslands Ring Puzzle 2 (Reconnection)
Now that you have completed the first puzzle, the game will return to its original and throw at you a little more familiar task. The second Grasslands Ring Puzzle in The Talos Principle 2 involves some reconnection. Here is an easy step-by-step guide for you:
1. Freeing the RGB Converter:
- Begin by picking up the available RGB Converter.
- Select the green and blue Light Generators, turning the Converter red.
- Choose the red Light Receiver with the red Converter to open the gate.
- Grab the freed Converter and place it just outside the Energy Gate it came from.
2. Converting the Original RGB Converter:
- The challenge is to create a red light for the final Energy Gate using just one RGB Converter, hidden behind a wall.
- Return to the original RGB Converter.
- Select the blue and red Light Generators to create green.
- Now, select the recently freed RGB Converter.
3. Completing the Puzzle:
- With the Keep Connections option, pick up the newly freed RGB Converter.
- Select the blue Light Generator, turning the RBG Converter red.
- Pick the second red Light Receiver to open the gate and complete the level.
This might look easy to you, but the gaming is just setting you up for many different puzzles you will need to solve to repopulate the earth.
The Talos Principle 2 is available on PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X/S.