LEGO Group and Warner Bros. Consumer Products have revealed that they are expanding the popular Harry Potter product line with six new Wizarding World playsets.
The new range of enchanting playsets will be packed with mystery, featuring well-known characters, creatures, and locations of the magical world of Hogwarts. Aside from Harry, Ron, Hermione, and other characters, the set will also feature classic landmarks of the film such as 4 Privet Drive and The Burrow.
The sets provide opportunities for endless fun – whether it be re-enacting moments of the film, discovering the entrance to The Room of Requirement, luring Professor Umbridge to the Forbidden Forest or gate crashing the Ravenclaw dormitory.
For the first time, the adventures extend beyond the Hogwarts theme, as fans will be able to release Harry from the cupboard under the stairs at 4 Privet Drive or send Hedwig off to deliver an important message.
Speaking of the new product line, Marcos Bessa, LEGO Harry Potter Design Lead, commented: “Each year we get the chance to recreate some of the most action-packed and exciting settings from the films. We hope these new products inspire young builders around the world to believe anything is possible as they act out their own adventures in the Wizarding World.”
Spanning adventures from across the seven Harry Potter films, this set will be a true treat for all Potterheads. The sets will include ;
- LEGO® Harry Potter™ Hogwarts™ Room of Requirement – 193 pieces including 3 minifigures: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Luna Lovegood.
- LEGO® Harry Potter™ Hogwarts™ Astronomy Tower(- 253 pieces including 3 minifigures: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Dolores Umbridge.
- LEGO® Harry Potter™ Hedwig™– 630 pieces, with a wingspan of over 13” and a beak-to-tail measurement of over 7”
- LEGO® Harry Potter™ 4 Privet Drive– 797 pieces including 6 minifigures: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Dudley Dursley, Vernon Dursley, Petunia Dursley and Dobby.
- LEGO® Harry Potter™ Forbidden Forest– 971 pieces including 8 minifigures: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Horace Slughorn, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Ron Weasley, Lavender Brown and Draco Malfoy.
- LEGO® Harry Potter™ Attack on The Burrow) – 1,047 pieces including 8 minifigures: Ron, Ginny, Arthur and Molly Weasley, Nymphadora Tonks, Bellatrix Lestrange, Fenrir Greyback and Harry Potter
These incredible new sets will go on sale from August 1st and pre-orders are available starting April 30th from LEGO.com and selected retailers globally. You can find images of all six sets here
Which set are you most interested in? Comment below!