Last month, Bioware executive producer Mark Darrah fielded a fair amount of questions right before the company’s E3 Conference. The Ask Me ALMOST Anything About Anthem took place on his Twitter account, in which he answered a plethora of questions.
From that brief AMAAAA, Darrah revealed a lot of info regarding the game. The information varied from mission structure to details surrounding Javelins (See the full list here on Variety).
A little under a month later, Darrah is currently answering Anthem related questions on Twitter yet again. Below is the majority list of information that was revealed through the Q&A.
- Anthem will have melee weapons. Currently the Javelin is the only one
- Melee weapons are specific to each Javelin for now
- Players will be able to see their body when looking down from a first-person perspective
- Melee weapons will not have ammo
- Javelins will not be able to grapple and powerbomb monsters through tables (Editors note: DAMMIT!)
- Javelins will have a light for dark caves and night cycles
- Day and night cycles will be set on the server
- Full day and night cycles are around an hour
- Average mission length varies per mission
- It can become nighttime mid-missions
- Day vs Night will impact enemy types and behaviors
- Anthem will have fast travel points
- Animated Weapon skins likely won’t be in the game
- Currently there is one ultimate per Javelin
- Players can still launch from fort Tarsis’ gates and go anywhere they can see from
- No confirmation on local dedicated Australian servers
- No melee only builds at launch
- There will be a vault to stash items
- You can run out of oxygen in Javelins underwater
- Different Javelins will not a limited time only attainability
- There are more than just caves and woods in the game location wise
- Shields regenerate
- There will be controller support for PC
For the full list of responses, including a few more comedic ones, head over to Darrah’s Twitter account.
Anthem will be released on February 22, 2019, for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
In the meantime, be sure to check back the site for updates, as well as all of your other nerdy news and needs!