Gazillion has announced that the first wave of major updates for Marvel Heroes is available starting today. The update marks the biggest one for the game in the two years that it has been released. Today’s update includes a number of highly requested improvements for PC and Mac gamers.
“When we moved from Marvel Heroes to Marvel Heroes 2015, it was to showcase just how much the game had improved since its launch – but it’s had another year and a half of improvements since then, and with today’s launch of Marvel Heroes 2016, the newest additions make it even better,” said Gazillion Studio Director Jeff Lind. “What we’re launching today is just the beginning of what will be the biggest year yet for the game. Our awesome community expects regular updates, and they’ll continue to get those – but it’s the big content drops like today’s first wave of the Marvel Heroes 2016 initiative where the game will really shine. You’ll see these throughout the year, and the best announcements are yet to come.”
The most notable additions to the new update include:
· “Secret Invasion” Story Chapter: Battle shape-shifting Skrull invaders, including the Super-Skrull and alien versions of Super Heroes, in this adaptation of 2008’s Secret Invasion comic book event. Who do you trust? (A Fortune Card themed to the new chapter is also available.)
· Controller Support: For the first time ever, play with the likes of Xbox One® and Xbox 360® controllers, the Steam Controller, Logitech controllers, and more on PC.
· Revamped Deadpool: The Merc with a Mouth has been part of the Marvel Heroes lineup since the beginning – and now with new animations, effects and nine new moves added to his power set, he’s even better! (A new Zen Deadpool costume is also available.)
· Playable Black Cat: Voiced by Jennifer Hale, just as she was in the 1990s Spider-Man animated series, Felicia Hardy crosses our path as the game’s 55thplayable character.
· Agent Venom Team-Up: Once Peter Parker’s high school bully, war hero Lt. Flash Thompson now hosts the Venom symbiote, ready to serve beside you.
· Steam Achievements: More than 50 achievements for those who play via Steam.
· Visual Updates: Starting with Captain America, Black Widow and Jean Grey, characters introduced with the initial launch of Marvel Heroes will be brought up to the more realistic visual standards of newer characters. Visual Updates for older character models will continue moving forward.
· Leaderboards: The most dedicated players will be recognized, as new Leaderboards begin to be continually added. Tournaments and Seasons will grow out of this eventually, as well.
· Mac version Out of Beta: Just like it sounds.
Gazillion also recently announced the Advanced Pack 3, which includes several new characters for the coming year. This pack will cost players $59.99 for the standard edition. A $79.99 edition is also available that adds in four new Team-Up Super Heroes to be added later this year.
Marvel Heroes is available to play for free on Steam on the official website at MarvelHeroes.com.