MLB The Show 21 has launched update 1.17 on all platforms, so here’s the full list of changes and fixes with today’s patch. Today’s patch is admittedly quite small but brings with it some fairly noticeable changes. Most noticeable of all is increases to the PCI range and sensitivity, to reach the edges of the box rather than only part of it. There have been increases in difficulties in other areas as well, along with plenty of other changes. Without further adieu, here’s everything new with MLB The Show 21 update 1.17!
MLB The Show 21 Update 1.17 Patch Notes
- The PCI range and sensitivity has been increased to reach the corners of the zone. This is most noticeable on Hall of Fame and Legend difficulties.
- Increased the difficulty for Pinpoint Pitching on Competitive Settings and Legend difficulty (in all modes). The gesture, release timing and direction now have a less lenient criteria for ‘Good’ and ‘Perfect’ pitches when using competitive gameplay style settings.From the devs: After reviewing the feedback and data since UPDATE 11, we believe Pinpoint is still a little bit too easy right now in a competitive setting. Like before, this change will make the timing window for “Good” and “Perfect” slightly more difficult to achieve.
Challenge of the Week
- Fixed the stats displayed for Shohei Ohtani and Ramon Laureano in the pre-game screen.
- Players now display the correct MLB Stats in the Player Cards and on Score Bug in Exhibition Live Roster games.
- Fixed a bug where settings would reset (including Dynamic Difficulty) when players would exit an offline game.
As you can see, there really isn’t much else here. There are just a few fixes in UI and the Challenge of the Week, along with those difficulty changes I mentioned. Still, fixes are never a bad thing.