San Diego Studio has rolled out the 1.17 update for MLB The Show 23, and this version has some notable changes. Like Patch 1.05, the latest release focuses on fixes and new additions that could increase the gameplay. One of the most striking innovations in the update is the addition of new equipment to celebrate Roberto Clemente Day. All players are encouraged to take a break from their game for a few minutes and check out the changes introduced by the latest update. Let’s examine the MLB The Show 23 1.17 update patch notes.
Patch Notes for the MLB The Show 23 1.17 Update
- Incognito Series players will have nicknames displayed properly under fielders, in box scores, in menu text, etc., following the content update around Noon PT on Friday, Sept. 15.
- NOTE: The nicknames will not be displayed on the backs of jerseys.
- Fixed an issue where a user would not return to the correct program when re-entering the Other Programs screen.
- Added new equipment to celebrate Roberto Clemente Day.
- There are no gameplay or live content balance changes at this time.
So that’s it. The changes and innovations that are introduced with the latest update are mentioned above. When reviewing the patch notes, it can be said that this isn’t a comprehensive update. Nevertheless, this doesn’t imply that it’s a patch not worth installing. While there aren’t any changes to gameplay or live content balance, it does incorporate valuable changes, such as the addition of new equipment, along with addressing issues like where a user would not return to the correct program when re-entering the Other Programs screen.
Update 1.17 for MLB The Show 23 is available on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. If you’re looking for more patch notes for the game, you can check out Patch 1.06, which was released a while ago, here.