The PlayStation 5 will have plenty of games available for play at launch. Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Demon Souls top the list of the upcoming line-up. Aside from games though, the streaming applications for the PlayStation 5 launch have been revealed.
While most of the top entertainment applications will be available at launch, we’ll begin to see more in the coming months. The biggest difference between the PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 in regards to media applications is accessibility. The PlayStation 5 is coming with a dedicated media space for all streaming applications. That means no download is required.
PlayStation 5 Launch Applications
- Disney+ – The dedicated home for movies, shows, shorts, and originals from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic. From original series like The Mandalorian to fan favorites like The Simpsons, you can watch yo
- Netflix – Catch up on top entertainment hits such as Stranger Things, The Haunting of Bly Manor, and more. With thousands of TV episodes and movies in Netflix’s library, there’s plenty to choose from.
- Spotify – Listen while you play. Just as with PS4, users can play their favorite songs as background music in-game with Spotify. You can choose from more than 60 million songs while you’re battling bosses or roaming through an open-world adventure.
- Twitch – With a deeply integrated Twitch experience on PS5, you can now watch or livestream your favorite gameplay and chat live about the best moments with fellow gamers throughout the many diverse and dynamic communities.
- Youtube – Also integrated with PS5, you can broadcast and share your epic gameplay moments directly to your YouTube channel, or sit back and watch new and trending content shared from around the world.
As stated before, more popular streaming applications will arrive later on the PlayStation 5 such as Hulu, HBO Max, and more. Stay tuned to The Nerd Stash for further coverage of all things PS5.