Rock Band 4 is getting more than some new songs, Rock Band Rivals is the first expansion to offer an all new campaign to the music rhythm franchise.
Rivals will tell the story of your band through a documentary being made about yourselves. Called “Rockudrama”, a narrator will recount the stories of your band’s meteoric rise to rock gods, the drama the broke you apart, and the inevitable return to glory. Rockudrama will also come backed with new venues, customizable items, and some changes to gameplay.
Rockudrama is but one of the new features in the expansion. The new Rivals mode will pit players against one another asynchronously throughout various songs. Players will also be able to pair up and challenge other groups.
Of course it wouldn’t be Rock Band DLC if it didn’t come with some new songs, although players will have to pre-order the expansion to get their hands on the following tracks:\
- Bring Me The Horizon -“Happy Song”
- Capital Cities -“Safe and Sound”
- Eagle-Eye Cherry -“Save Tonight”
- Pharrell Williams -“Happy”
- The Neighbourhood -“Sweater Weather”
- Of Monsters And Men -“Little Talks”
- Semisonic -“Closing Time”
- Sia -“Chandelier”
- Skillet -“Feel Invincible”
- Weezer -“King of the World”
Rock Band Rivals will be available for download this October, and will also be bundled with a full band kit for players who don’t have a full set.