Last month Rooster Teeth revealed that they would be airing five brand new pilots on their website in an event they called Pilot Month. Just like it sounds, the event’s purpose was to get direct feedback from the community about the pilots by only posting them to the Rooster Teeth homepage as a First member exclusive.
The pilots varied between skits, an animated show, and live-action segments.
Earlier today Rooster Teeth’s Director of Programming, Evan Bregman, posted a journal revealed the feedback they received regarding each of the pilots. Below are the details for what will occur with each pilot moving forward.
- BRANDED – This one is clearly a fan favorite. The goal was to make a half-hour comedy that captured the spirit and tone of the old RT Office Shorts, and it looks like Marshall and the team nailed it. Branded will be coming back with a full first season, seven additional episodes to make season one a total of eight episodes (including the pilot). All episodes will be available exclusively for FIRST members, with a few of the bits from each also making their way to YouTube, Facebook, and elsewhere.
- GORQ’S QUEST – Easily one of the most talked-about pilots, there is a lot here to work with and a ton of potential for this series. We’re making some tweaks to the format and to the GORQ character, among a few other things, and we’ll release an additional four episodes that will be free to watch for everyone.
- ACHIEVEMENT HAUNTER – Yeah, I guess we’ll make more of these. Eight more episodes coming soon, exclusively for FIRST members.
- MDB: ANIMATED – This pilot episode will be released soon on Facebook, as a next step in our test. Because of its runtime and the creative being based on a pre-existing property, it performed well but understandably you guys felt the audience for this was likely broader than FIRST members. We think this is a show you’ll be eager to share with your followers on various social platforms such as Reddit, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, and after the public test I expect we’ll make a few more.
- RT’S MURDER ROOM – Did you choose the right person? We had so much fun testing this series and knew it was going to be a favorite. If you’re wondering what goes into making this show, we posted an audio-only post-show episode today. We learned a lot from this pilot that we want to continue to experiment with. Because of that, before we jump in and make a lot more of these we’re going to make four more episodes and release them free to watch for everyone.
Bregman goes on to say that not only was the Pilot Month a fun community event, it really helped their content development process.
While every pilot will indeed get picked up, some will be tweaked, like GORQ’s Quest.